“Disappointed”

Add it.
Fatboy's
Ranked #43 of 131 Restaurants in Kaneohe
Cuisines: Hawaiian
Description: The Fatboy's chain, just opened their sit down restaurant in August at the Pali Golf course in Kaneohe, Hawaii. They haven't done much advertising and we only found out about it when we went to go do early voting at the golf course. Breakfast lunch and dinner menu with a great variety.
Reviewed July 12, 2014

Two of us went to check out the golf course and decided to stay for lunch. Was hungry for sushi roll, husband wanted oxtail soup. Our nice waiter Justin took our orders but apologized when I ordered the spicy tuna roll. He said the restaurant no longer makes rolls or sashimi. Disappointed so I ordered the fried calamari. It took a while for the oxtail soup and calamari to arrive. Husband was disappointed that the bowl of soup was so small and that there were only 3 pieces of meat. He said the broth was not very tasty. I really didn't like my calamari because it seemed liked it was not freshly cooked. Maybe it was leftover and refried to make it look freshly cooked. I sent it back and Justin apologized again. He brought the menu so I could select something else. I settled on the chicken salad. Justin explained that the chicken is cured and asked if that was OK. I decided not to get the chicken salad and asked for the cucumber sunomono listed as an appetizer on the menu. Justin said they don't have that anymore but they do have kim chee cucumber. I said that sounded good. So he goes to put in my order and comes back to apologize again. No kim chee cucumber. I decided I wasn't hungry anymore. Justin was nice enough not to charge us for the calamari but it was just a disappointing experience. I know it is a golf course cafe but most golf course cafes serve decent food at a reasonable price.