“Authentic.”

Waiahole Poi factory
Ranked #12 of 128 Restaurants in Kaneohe
Cuisines: Polynesian, Hawaiian
Good for: Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Houston, Texas
“Authentic.”
Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

If you are looking for authentic local Hawaiian food, this is your stop. Great food, worth the stop. Pork is well prepared. Poi was excellent.

• Visited July 2013

• Korean first
Howell, Michigan
“Mahalo”
Reviewed February 4, 2013 via mobile

Go here if you're inthis Island! Just what I returned home fo. Authentic. The real kine. Ono delish! Mahalo for the Kalua pig & poi.
Lani

Safety Harbor, Florida
“The poi is just tasty and so is the Ho'io salad”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We were on our way to visit vegetarian relatives who live in Pupukea and stopped by the Waiahole Poi Factory on the way and picked up poi, ho'io salad and haupia as they were treating us to a vegetarian lunch. Poi, as everyone knows is from the taro root where ho'io is from the Hawaiian fern shoots. Haupia is a pudding made from coconuts and is a sweet desert. All three purchases complimented our lunch. The poi factory also served food lunches, box lunches, but we didn't have any in anticipation of our planned for vegetarian lunch. We did see some locals eating there as well as what looked like tourists and transplanted tourists who knew this place well. It is not very big on seating as we saw about 4 or 5 outside tables but it appeared they stayed busy with customers who also drove up and bought take-away.

Visited January 2013
Tarrytown, NY
“A Windward Wonder”
Reviewed September 1, 2012

One of the nice things about staying on Windward Oahu and avoiding the hordes in Honolulu is being able to discover places like this that are better known to the locals and foodies in the know.
It used to be known as a place that was only open once a week for food. Now they serve every day. If you anywhere near Kam Highway north of Kanehoe, go.
I'm not a fan of poi, so can't attest to its quality. But everything else I tasted there was a winner, especially the ahi poke special, which was a big winner. So was the kalua pig. The biggest platter there will run you $10.50. A deal for a lot of good and filling food. The chicken long rice was a revelation. Also try the limeade to wash it all down.
Just be sure to get there before six. You won't be disappointed.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank murrayhill
Wyoming
“Smack yo mama good!”
Reviewed June 28, 2012

We stayed with family on the windward side of the island and drove by this place everyday, not realizing what it was (it looks like a warehouse). After speaking with family about the best places to eat and the best local dishes, they recommended this place and it dawned on me, "Hey we drive right by there every day, but I don't believe it has ever been open when we passed by." After that I made it a point to see if it was open. Finally, it was and let me say, it was worth the stop! We got the Lomi salmon lauau and the kahlua pig. The Lomi Salmon is like heaven in your mouth. I actually told my husband that it was like an or*(asm for your taste buds! I have never had anything so delicious! Of course we had to try the poi and I have to say, after all the talk about how you have to have a taste for it and it has to grow on you, I was pleasantly surprised. I liked dipping the pig in it. Of course, I heard that theirs was the best on the island, so maybe that has something to do with it. The pig was moist and delicious. It was my husband's favorite. The haupia was creamy and delicious, too. My husband and I got the combo plate for $10 and it was more than enough for both of us. We liked this place so much that we stopped there for lunch and then stopped there again on the way home to pick up plates to go. The food was not only delicious, but the workers and the owner were great. After hearing that we were from the mainland and there visiting my daughter that was having a baby, they recommended things to do and offered us samples of everything! We really enjoyed visiting with them and because we will be returning to the island more often, we will definitely be back. I just can't say enough about this place. Stop and try it. You will not be disappointed. And now that it is summer, they are open every day at 11 am. Keep your eyes open because it is a little hard to spot. It just looks like a warehouse on the side of the road with a few picnic tables out front. My husband and I prefer to "do as the locals do". This is the perfect place to sample local dishes. If you are looking for fancy, this isn't it. If you are looking for delicious Hawaiian fare, this is your place! If you are from the mainland and don't know what laulau, haupia, and kahlua pig are, google for a description. This place is said to have the best of all three! Mahalo>

• Visited June 2012