I travel to Oahu, Hawaii, several times a year on business and have been doing this for well over twenty years. From a recommendation made to me in 1989 I decided to try a B&B instead of my usual business man's hotel accommodation. I stayed at Ali'i Bluffs Windward Bed and Breakfast and met Don and De. As a result of that experience I have been staying there ever since on of my continuing visits which must by now add up to something like sixty times! I have not only gone there on business but also with my daughter and other family members and arranged for my staff to stay there when also on business.
The so comfortable and inviting atmosphere of their home is well reported upon in other reviews and I endorse those favorable comments made about artwork of all forms, not just wall art, and in every size, in all the rooms such as to be constant conversation pieces. I covet those lovely Oriental rugs!
De is an accomplished portrait painter and his depiction of the human form is beautiful and at the same time realistically and artistically accurate. There is no hint of any impropriety in his work hung in his gallery at their home. How a previous visitor could interpret what hangs there as sexually explicit and unsuitable for a thirteen year old girl to see is beyond me and denies her the opportunity hopefully to appreciate this art form and that we all have bodies not to be ashamed of.
What is little known about the two modest hosts is that De was in his pre retirement days a top, if not THE top mens' fashion designer in New York and Don his business manager. In their work together they have traveled widely outside USA. They jointly have a good head for business and are highly artistic. On my frequent visits inevitably my own work has been discussed and their contribution to my planning and direction, situations with key Island customers and even product development has been invaluable. Furthermore theirs is a wonderful retreat location when I need a break from business.
This is no ordinary B&B and I look forward to many visits to come.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This is a traditional B&B which is located on the Windward Coast of O'ahu, overlooking a 700 year old Hawaiian Fish Pond and Kaneohe Bay. It offers two guest rooms - the Victorian Room with a Queen bed and attached private bath and the Circus Room with two extra long twin beds and a private bath located across the corridor from the room. Breakfast is served by the pool each morning and the guests are welcome to use the living room, lanai and pool area. The house is filled with artwork and antiques and a wonderful collection of Persian carpets. Iced water and glasses are provided in the rooms, glasses and ice are in the bar area, refrigerator space is provided for guest's drinks and prepared foods. Free wireless connection is available. Parking is in the driveway. A wonderful location for exploring the entire island and hosts who go out of their way to advise, assist and welcome guests to O'ahu. There are no extra charges above and beyond the nightly room charge ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Ali`i Bluffs Windward Hotel Kaneohe
- Ali`i Bluffs Windward b&b
- Ali'i Bluffs Windward Bed And Breakfast Kaneohe, Oahu, Hawaii