“Don't miss the Ali'i Tour”

Tropical Farms Macadamia Nut Farm and Farm Tour
Ranked #1 of 7 Shopping in Kaneohe
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed January 18, 2010

Based on the reviews from tripadvisor, I made sure my family took this tour. Not only did they have lots of fun, but everyone ranked it as one of their favorite excursions from our entire time there.

The price was higher than the website stated ($20 per person), but it's still absolutely worth it. Lots of little surprises along the way - you start out in the bus and tour the farms briefly. Sit in a small outdoor theatre for a show on coconut husking, fire dance and how to make fire. Followed by a canoe ride with pictures, and then a tour of the farm tasting fresh, yummy fruit right off the tree. The humor is enjoyable too :)

Do it!

"for sale"
in 12 reviews
"movie sets"
in 6 reviews
"the polynesian cultural center"
in 14 reviews
"great place to visit"
in 10 reviews
"north shore"
in 24 reviews

Reviewed November 22, 2009

We were literally turning around in the parking lot of this macadamia nut factory and ended up having the best experience of our time in Oahu! If you just stop for the free nut and coffee samples, you're missing the fun! The chief was so funny and educational at the same time. We got to taste numerous fruits right off the trees and also took the canoe trip on the private fishing pond to see the movie locations. In the picture taken on the canoe, I'm laughing hysterically due to the chief's antics. Don't miss it!!

6  Thank DCEowner
Reviewed November 3, 2009

We live on island and this is the first place we tell all our family & friends to visit. We have been coming here every year since they first opened up and it just gets better and better. I love the mix of learning Chief Sielu gives everytime. Humor is beyond fixable when he puts you into stiches from laughing so hard. Great for all ages. By far the BEST tour I have been on out of the islands my family and I have visited!

4  Thank ssschulz23
Reviewed August 19, 2009

Great place to stop and try different samples of macadamia nuts. Caramel and cinnamon were the best! Free samples of coffee too.We didn't take the tour but based on reviews we should have. Make sure you stop here while touring the island.

2  Thank mitravelfamily
See more reviews
Reviewed August 1, 2009

Hands down the most educational tour on the island of Oahu............I'm an 8th grade math teacher here on the island and brought my students to TF for a field trip....THEY LOVED IT and even LEARNED from it..AMAZING lol...the Chief is so entertaining, he had their attention the entire time! Any time I have family in town I always take them, My aunts insist on going EVERY TIME!

5  Thank darling81