“No Privacy In Run-Down Neighborhood” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Kaneohe Bay Bed & Breakfast

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kaneohe
Kaneohe Bay Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 3 Kaneohe B&B and Inns
Warfordsburg, Pennsylvania
“No Privacy In Run-Down Neighborhood”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2008

I booked our room through Hawaii's Best Bed & Breakfast, and I will be writing a detailed letter to them outlining our experience and disappointment. I would give this place 2.5 stars (out of 5). We stayed in the downstairs unit (there are two units). I will begin by saying that the upstairs unit seemed much better than ours and I probably wouldn't be writing this if we stayed in that room. Our biggest complaint was the lack of privacy - the owner's three young grandchildren were visiting the first night and they had taken over the outdoor TV lounge. They were watching a movie and we heard every sound of it in our room, which was directly next to that area. There was a slot machine that rested right against our bedroom wall - the sounds from that were quite annoying. One of the grandchildren actually lives with the owners - he was allowed to toddle around aimlessly in his diaper (he's about 2 years old), often unattended even by the pool area. He walked into our room several times and saw me in my underwear once. The hot tub was unusable during our stay, according to the owner - the water looked filthy, too. The bathroom in our room was quite small - the toilet is located under a stairwell, the door on one side was a slotted folding closet door, the other door was a thin sliding door that did not latch. The kitchen that is shared by both units was right on the other side of that door. The room was about as inviting as a prison cell - grayish white walls, the same unpolished dark stone floor that surrounded the pool (outdoor flooring in a bedroom), no carpeting or throw rugs, the bed was about calf-height, the furniture was cheap and worn, the cheap expandable curtain rods kept falling down, the ceiling fan was covered in scum/rust/dirt. We wanted to spend as little time as possible in our room. The fridge in the kitchen shared by the two units had not been cleaned out from the previous guests - there were several Chinese take-out boxes in there, a large opened container of ice cream, etc. When I was looking for a cup to brush my teeth, I noticed that one of the cabinets was filled with prescription medication (not belonging to the owner). The owner's two small poodles were allowed to wander the property and crawled up on guests' legs begging for food during breakfast. The breakfasts were unremarkable. The neighborhood appeared to be lower-to-middle class and cars were parked in front yards everywhere. We paid $150/night, which was outrageous for what we got. On a positive note, Gail (the owner) was quite nice and accommodating and our room was clean. I would not, however, recommend this place to anyone for that price. If we had paid less than $100/night, I would have been fine with it.

• Liked — I really can't think of anything that I truly liked about it.
  • Disliked — lack of privacy
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
14 Thank Coppercat

Travelers are raving about these Kaneohe hotels

Solo
Business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kaneohe
Waikiki
The Modern Honolulu
The Modern Honolulu
#3 of 84 in Honolulu
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,587 reviews
Turtle Bay Resort
#1 of 1 in Kahuku
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,357 reviews

Been to Kaneohe Bay Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!