Open today: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM

from $103.66
from $187.43
from $145.55
1,976 results
All reviews flat island double kayak twin islands kayak adventure kailua beach snorkel gear great kayaking paddle boards dry bag great guide bird sanctuary awesome experience lots of fun sea turtles mokulua island moku nui hour tour
Selected filters
Reviewed February 20, 2013

We were very impressed with Kailua Sailboards & Kayaks! Our day started with them picking us up from our hotel in Waikiki and driving us to Kailua. They took us into their store and got us all rigged up with life jackets and gave us a place to store the gear we were not taking on the canoe. They outfitted us with a 2 man kayak and paddles and went over some of the safety rules. They made it real clear that this was going to be strenuous not just an easy paddle. The waves were not to big so we got lucky and we had a wonderful, beautiful paddle out to the island. We toured the island and bird sanctuary, jumped into the Queen's Bath and learned a lot about the flora and fauna of this little island. Our guide was very professional, helpful and funny. We had a nice lunch and paddled bad to Kailua. What a great day!! Bring sunglasses, hat and snorkel gear.

Date of experience: September 2012
Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

Andy Sullivan, our guide was incredibly knowledgeable and helpful. You arrive at the shop and the staff helps you with directions to the beach and offers you all the beach items you need for a great day. ( lunch too!) Arrive early and get a snorkel or boogie board and enjoy the beach before your paddle trip. Be on time for your paddle trip and meet your group back at the shop a little early to take in the educational program offered. You will need to wheel your kayak to the beach- it is not far and easy to do. There is a helper at the beach to launch you. Our guide gave us great instruction to paddle to Flat Island. Stay with your guide as he is full of info and local knowledge to share on the way. When you land at flat island, the guide will take you on a tour that includes queen's bath and lots of great geologic information. Take lots pf pictures- it is beatiful there! When you paddle back to the beach, he will help past the shore break and out of the kayak. Andy was great!

Reviewed February 16, 2013

2 hour trip by Kayak to small island then 2 hours free time (half day in total). Very heavy waves the day of the trip and instructor said it was touch and go whether we would go out. Went out in two person kayaks and 15-20 minutes to the island ended up taking 45-60 mins. Very hard going. The main issue I have was that there was no warm-up session before we went out. Ended up having to paddle so hard I ripped a muscle in my fore-arm. Didn't notice till the next day on the plane home where the pain got increasingly worse. 10 days of severe pain.

Date of experience: November 2012
Reviewed February 16, 2013

I highly recommend this trip. The shop was clean and the merchandise that was available for those of us who forgot important items like a water proof camera bag was helpful.
Our guides were very attentive during the trip and made sure we felt welcome. The group was warned before the journey began that it was not going to be an easy trip or for the faint of heart. My hour long paddle into the surf and wind was rewarding. My dinner was earned that day and I slept better that night than any other night during my vacation.
Trevor and Andy were attentive to detail, professional and full of knowledge. The islands we paddled out to were amazing. The knowledge our guides imparted to the group was true to the Hawaiian island spirit, especially the geography lessons that were made in the sand with the rocks. My dip in the queen’s bath is a story I tell my friends back here at 5280ft. When I come back I am making Kailua Sailboards & Kayaks my first stop.

Date of experience: November 2012
Reviewed February 16, 2013

We had a great time kayaking with Toby and his crew! They were very professional, yet laid back. Well worth the price. Got to see sea turtles and other wildlife. The crew was very knowledgable. Definitely recommend. We will do this tour or another with them again.

Date of experience: September 2012