Papaya Paradise Bed and Breakfast
All reviewsbagelsat homeshared kitchenpost cardfreshly brewed coffeecatered breakfastcovered lanailocation is greatthe main housepeaceful placebeach towelsolder couplespent nightsboogie boardsevery morningmini kitchenlate at night
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Nice people, special oldtime 60s-70s feel to property, quiet street, good price, free parking, nice small pool, noone bothers you,
only 2 comfortable units, quite adequate, 2 minutes to famous beautiful Kailua Beach
We're an older couple and two women in their 30's were in other unit

• Stayed: February 2018, traveled as a couple
KailuaPapaya, Owner at Papaya Paradise Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Aloha, So glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Mahalo, Jeanette

Reviewed May 7, 2018

The B&B of Jeannette was great, we really loved this place. We found the accomodations to be perfect for us! The rates are budget friendly, the rooms are complete, I can’t think of anything I missed out on. The self-service breakfast was a great way of being flexible and not having to have breakfast in a restaurant. Since we could dicide for ourselfes what time we would like to have breakfast and what we wanted to eat. We bought our fruit and dinner at the whole mart and used the seats in the garden, to enjoy the peacefull garden.

We love Jeannette, she was a great host. She made us feel very welcome and she was very helpfull with planning our trips in Oahu. Coolers, beach mats and beach chairs umbrella’s, you could borrow anything you want to make your trips and stay comfortable. It was to bad that we couldn’t stay here longer, since we had to fly home.

Thank you for the wonderful Aloha feeling you have given us!
Peter and Krista (the Netherlands)

• Stayed: May 2018, traveled as a couple

Aloha, I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us, as much as we enjoyed having you. Thank you for your kinds words. I hope you will visit us again in the future and send us great guests like you. Mahalo, Jeanette

Reviewed April 1, 2018

This is a well-done establishment overall, and I'll be coming back here a lot! There are only two units available, so it's never going to feel weird or crowded. The grounds are very open (older, plantation-style), and the units are not too near the main house. The pool is very nice as well. It's not overly fancy, and it doesn't have that forced, post-card "Hawaii" feel - it just is real Hawaii, run by someone who has lived there for more than 40 years. It was clean, pleasantly appointed, and everything worked! There were also a ton of great movies on DVD in the closet.

They did a great job of setting up solar, motion-activated lighting along the way to the unit if you come home late at night, as well as setting up the little mini-kitchen with cereal, milk, bagels, sugar, coffee etc. There's a fridge and you can stock it with your own stuff as well, and a toaster and microwave.

The owner was super easy to deal with, communicative and very nice. She was understanding when I screwed up and took a different unit than the one I was supposed to get! (Good thing I was the only traveler at the time!)

The location is great, better than you might think, in fact, if you look on a map (and if you're not from there). The map won't show you that Kailua is now overrun with tourists at certain times (it's suddenly become a "destination"), and now staying anywhere near the town center or even certain places by the beach is much noisier and a more of a pain than it used to be. So the location for this place is really quite nice - really close, but in a pocket of local resident sanity that added to the place's quietude.

Definitely coming back!

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled solo
KailuaPapaya, Owner at Papaya Paradise Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2018

Appreciate your kind words. Glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again in the near future. Aloha, Jeanette

Reviewed March 4, 2018 via mobile

My husband was scheduled for knee replacement on Oahu on March 2. I searched for a B&B that was close to Kailua town and the hospital. I also wanted a place to stay that was all on one floor. I did not use the kitchen or make coffee during my stay as I was anxious to get to the hospital. There is a pool, but poor weather prohibited usage.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family
KailuaPapaya, Owner at Papaya Paradise Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2018

Aloha, hope all went well with your flight home. I'm glad we could accommodate you and if you have the need again, we will be here for you. Take care of yourself and each other.

Reviewed February 11, 2018

The rooms were very comfortable, nice pool, use of a mini-kitchen and a great lanai for a quiet place to eat and relax. We were close to the beach and to downtown. Jeanette was a wonderful hostess and very helpful with tips for things to see and alternate routes to get places. This is great place to stay outside of Honolulu, but still close enough to do things in the city and this part of the island had relatively calm waters during the winter season.

• Stayed: February 2018, traveled as a couple
KailuaPapaya, Owner at Papaya Paradise Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2018

I enjoyed having you as our guests and so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Glad our weather did not keep you from doing your activities......hope you will visit us again. Aloha, Jeanette