“Is the Wait Worth it?”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Hawaii
“Is the Wait Worth it?”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

Be prepared to wait more than 30 minutes most evenings anytime between 6:15 and 7:30. They raised the prices after business started booming, but for some reason, they have had a large table left broken for well over 4 months. Guess owners feel ok about their income and customer satisfaction. Food is passable, drinks are good. Waitresses are nice but seem overwhelmed with the crowds. At least on Wednesday nite, there is a guy playing guitar; he's not bad, but conversation is made difficult by it.

• Visited July 2014

Honolulu, Hawaii
“THIS IS BY FAR THE BEST MEXICAN RESTAURANT ON THE ISLAND.”
Reviewed June 20, 2014

This is the best Mexican restaurant on the Island! My boyfriend and I go here at least once a month, we love it. Best appetizers in order of "goodness": Sautéed Garlic Mushroom (don't get these if you are afraid of seeing oil on your food), Scallops Skillet. I always get the Kalua Pork Chimichanga, is my favorite dish there. Servings are huge so I always end up saving half for next day's lunch :)
Some times they have a guy singing with a guitar, it can get pretty loud, but who cares, you are definitely going to get good food and drinks to make you forget anything else.
My boyfriend gets the Mamamia Burrito without Shrimp, since he is allergic, that one is pretty good too. Their Spanish rice and Refried beans are awesome!. I have tried the shrimp and crab meat dishes, but the Kalua Pork is still my favorite. Their Li HIng Mui, and Mango Margaritas are delicious, the best ones, Don't get the pitcher, although is cheaper, is not the same taste and if you get the Li Hing Mui you have to keep getting the powder on your cup. For deserts the best is their Flan, the fried ice cream, it has a weird after taste, at least for me. My favorite Spanish food place on the Island, ...until I find something closer to my Dominican food.

• Visited May 2014
Kansas City, Missouri
“Loud”
Reviewed April 28, 2014 via mobile

The food was just ok. We were told it's usually loud, and that was an understatement. We were seated next to some very boisterous men at the bar and asked to be moved. They were locals just having a good time. It didn't help that much -The restaurant in general was SO loud. The food was just ok. I had shrimp tacos, nothing special about them. Salsa was spicey- which I liked, but would be way too spicey for some. Guac was good. Maybe if your in the area and want Mexican, I'd say go there but only if you can get an outside table.

Arapaho
“Nice surprise in Hawaii!”
Reviewed April 11, 2014

We had a very nice family dinner here, the guitar player was to loud for the size of the restaurant but that's the only complaint from us. The service was excellent, our waitress kept our drinks full and the great salsa flowing. We are from OK so we have a lot of Mexican restaurants here and this was better than a lot of ours. Would go back.

• Visited April 2014
Seattle, Washington
“What you order makes a difference!”
Reviewed March 11, 2014

First of all, our service was very good but we like to eat early so we were there at 11:30. The dish that I ordered was very good. It was a stir fry with steak, peppers, mushrooms served with a lime rice and guacamole, sour cream and salsa. My husband ordered an enchilada with black beans and said it was very good.

Like others, I did not care for the salsa that came with the chips. On the other hand, the salsa I had with my meal was delicious!

• Visited March 2014