“*****”

Ba-Le Sandwich Shop
Ranked #77 of 146 Restaurants in Kailua
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Vietnamese sandwich shop - excellent find! Great food, take away, and head out to the beach for a picnic! Ono!

1  Thank DessertDiva208
There are newer reviews for Ba-Le Sandwich Shop

Reviewed January 13, 2013

Love this place -- classic dive but clean and very nice and good service. Plentiful portions with great flavors. The veggie sandwich was so good for dinner I gave up meat till I had bacon for breakfast the next day :) Tofu dishes were supreme.

Reviewed December 14, 2012

Husband loves the tuna...I like the lemongrass chicken on french bread. The pork chop is a good selection too... lots of good things on this menu and you cant beat the price!

Reviewed July 28, 2012

When walking into the Ba-Le Sandwich shop, I did not expect to see a "restaurant like" type of atmosphere, because I am so used to walking in to a Ba-le grabbing food and leaving. Many of the Ba-Le's on Oahu are dirty, however, this Ba-Le was reasonably clean with a carpet, and tables with a variety of condiments. The person who helped my partner and I was very friendly and made my croissantwich exactly as I wanted even though I could barely understand his English. In addition, after placing our order, my partner and I sat down at a table facing Pali Lanes (Bowling Alley) and enjoyed the cool atmosphere while waiting for our sandwiches. I ordered the Steam Pork croissant sandwich and my partner ordered the BBQ chicken croissant sandwich, and we were both satisfied with the rich butteryness of the croissant and the portions of meats to vegetable ratio in the sandwich. Great service, great deal, and a great sandwich.

Reviewed June 28, 2012

This is one of those hole in the wall restaurants where you're either going to die of food poisoning or be blown away by the taste and quality. Thankfully this place is 100% the latter. There isn't much for decor but the Kalbi Ribs and chicken compensate and then some. I think we paid less than $25 and walked out from dinner totally stuffed. Both times in 2 weeks it was that yummy.