“Nothing special and pricey”

Noboru Japanese Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Noboru Japanese Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #60 of 144 Restaurants in Kailua
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Bay Area, CA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nothing special and pricey”
Reviewed July 18, 2012

Small place in good location. Sushi was very overpriced and of average quality. Spider roll was poorly done. The Udon Tempura was good. Service was mediocre. Local person went there with said that was their second bad experience with this restaurant and they are not going back.

• Visited July 2012

Seattle, Washington
“Best Japanese in Kailua!”
Reviewed May 18, 2012

Great sashimi! Great prices! Great Saki! Loved the spicy tuna roll--one of the best ever. At least 9 choices for Japanese beer, including micro-brews I have never seen in the States.

Visited May 2012
1 Thank Adam S
Sacramento, California
“Yum! Like Shabu Shabu, but seafood”
Reviewed March 28, 2012

So I wanted to go with the Shabu Shabu, but they had a problem with the meat slicer for some reason. Instead they suggested the Chanko Nabe Seafood and what a great alternative. There was crab, salmon, butter fish, traditional vegetables, chicken, some kobe beef, and a few other delicious morsels. I LOVED IT.

My wife and I were the only non Japanese patrons in the restaurant... which I took as a pretty good sign that the food was good. The service was friendly and I thoroughly enjoyed myself. The only thing I didn't like was that I could have used a bigger table. The butane burner used to cook the bowl of food was large and made it a little hard not to spill everywhere. Although I would not let that deter me from returning; I would for sure go back.

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank super_e916
Oahu, Hawaii
“Great place to eat”
Reviewed December 16, 2011

Loved it when me and the fam went. Had a pleasent meal and some good drinks.

Visited November 2011
vancouver
“Excellent!!!”
Reviewed February 20, 2011

We ordered two combos which included miso soup,salad and rice. The Butterfish was very good. The grilled Saba and unagi was also delicious. By far the best meal we had in Kailua. A little pricey, but you will not regret it. They were very busy and they politely informed us that there was a 15 minute wait. Even with the crowd, service was friendly and they apologized for us having to wait, which I felt was not unreasonably long. The place is small so get there early.

• Visited February 2011