“Cheap eats”

Add it.
Peppino Italian Food
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Whether for visitor or resident cheap eats are sometimes the only option. Peppino's is a good cheap eats foodery, family owned since the 1960s. It offers decent Italian food at just about the cheapest prices you'll find in Kailua for this kind of food. Recently, my wife and I, and 4 friends, had dinner there: Most of us had spaghetti and meatballs ($8.50) and a couple shared a cheese pizza ($13.00). Everyone rated the food as "good" and the service very good. Sometimes not every item on the menu is not available; e.g., on our visit veal items were not available. Using Guy Fieri's scale, Peppino's is a dive, and one with good food for those on a budget.

Reviewed May 19, 2012

Peppino's is a family operated small restaurant and it's a gem. If you are in the mood for Italian home cooking--this is the place for you. We have had the spagettil and meatballs, the lasagna with sausages, the veal scallopini, the pizzas, the raviolis.
Everything that Mama makes is done spot on the premises...nade to order.
The dinners come with a letttuce salad and bread. You will wait for you order to come because Mama is preparing it. It is worth the wait!!
Bring your own wine or beer.
Cash only--no plastic.
Talk about family friendly--this is it.
I really like the lasagna.
Just thinking about the food makes me drool.

Reviewed July 6, 2010

I have eaten at Peppino Italian restaurant since moving to Kailua almost 14 years ago. It has the best real Italian food around. There could be a longer than usual wait for your entree because it is made when you order it, not prepared in advance and laying there.
I Like the Ravioli best because it is chicken, veal and spinach and just floats down your throat. They do not serve alcohol but most people bring their own wine or beer. It is an old fashioned small place, quiet and friendly. They have been in business and family run for over 45 years and I hope another 45. The prices are very good, although they don't take credit cards or checks, just cash. Pizzas are great,too. Prices run from $8.00 to about $15.00. Very much well worth it.
Joan O'Connell

1  Thank joanoconnell
Reviewed February 25, 2009

I have been coming to Peppino's for as long as I have been visiting the islands. It is an absolute must when I visit from the mainland. My family in Kailua has been coming here for nearly 40 years! The restaurant is small, but quaint with traditional red and white checker table cloths and candles. The owner, Claudio, delivers personal service to his guests with the typical aloha spirit. Visitors should definitely make a stop to Peppino's when traveling to Kailua.

1  Thank krisjetz