“Malasadas....oh my God”
Review of Agnes Portuguese Bake Shop - CLOSED

Agnes Portuguese Bake Shop
Reviewed December 27, 2013

Hot malasadas are awesome! They melt in your mouth! The reason that there is a line is because they only sell the malasadas HOT! Apparently you can call in orders and there were boxes on the shelf from people who had not come in yet.....but who wants them cold? Highly recommended! The tourist map of Kailua has a $1.00 off coupon.

Reviewed November 16, 2013

Go for the malasadas. Go for the malasadas. Go for the malasadas. They are delicious and well worth the 10min wait in order to eat them piping hot. Will not disappoint.

Reviewed October 11, 2013

Picked up some malasadas for breakfast. In downtown Kailua. I thought the malasadas were a bit too browned. We got half a dozen and brought it back to our rental home.

1  Thank travelbpnpap
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Each morning in Kailua began with a quick trip to Agnes Bake shop to fetch a batch of hot, fresh malasadas.

By the time I returned to our rented house, I had consumed a few but had to leave the majority untouched-or else my husband would have divorced me in a second. The rest of the malasadas were then slowly eaten, accompanied by some wonderful Kona coffee. Forget the beaches, the weather, the breezes-a warm malasada and a cup of coffee is why Hawaii is heaven.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

I agree with the other reviewers. Agnes' is different, not better, not worse, just different. I actually liked that their malasadas are cooked a little longer which yields a nice little crisp. Plain sugar is the only thing you'll get as a coating. I didn't like the fact that I had to wait 15 minutes to make them. I think you should have everything ready to go and bring them out quickly like Leonard's. But you can order in advance.

We also had the choco macadamia nut bar. Wow. I have to say, as far as the rest of the bakery is concerned, it looked far better than Leonard's. I also liked that you could sit down and have a cup of Joe if you wanted.