“Get there early”

Agnes Portuguese Bake Shop
Ranked #1 of 5 Bakeries in Kailua
Reviewed May 19, 2013

I'm not a big fan of pastries, my hubbie is, but we both very much enjoyed the donuts. It's hard to describe the difference from other donuts, they seem spongier, almost like angel food cake. Not as heavy as a cake donut and not as light as a basic donut. Very tasty and wonderful with coffee. I like to dip mine in my coffee and liked that they soaked up the coffee with out breaking off into the drink.

We arrived a little before seven on Sunday morning, there was a line and they were already getting low. What was out was it, no extra in the back. We ate there and the stream of visitors was constant. Coffee could have been better and the expresso machine was down. Other then that, we liked it.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We discovered Malasadas at Agnes Portuguese Bake Shop. They are like a warm donut and are amazing if eaten when they are HOT. You can call and order before hand. They take 10 minutes to cook. We also had a variety of other treats - sweet rolls, corn muffins, cookies, etc. We enjoyed them all. Both times we went, we took our food to go. The restaurant eating area looks pretty old school but the food is amazing.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I knew at the first bite that none of the six I had just purchased would survive the short drive back to our place and that I needed another batch for the family. Delish! I went back, got two more orders - they are made to order.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

Nice selection of Portuguese and local Hawaiian baked goods. They sell out fast, so get there early in the day.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

This bakery has great malasadas, Portuguese style donuts, as well as other baked goods. They have a nice sit down area and it's located on the windward side of the island in Kailua.

Been to Agnes Portuguese Bake Shop? Share your experiences!