“Twogood kayak tour was awesome!”
Review of Mokulua Kayak Guides - CLOSED

Mokulua Kayak Guides
St. Augustine, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Twogood kayak tour was awesome!”
Reviewed October 29, 2011

My friends and I went out on a guided tour of the Mokolua islands with Twogood Kayaks. The guides, snorkeling, paddling in the tourquoise water, cliff jumping, and coffee on Lanikai beach all made for a complete Hawaiian experience. We must have seen 30 turtles in the water that day! We all also took a 20 ft. leap off a volcanoe ledge into a secluded cove on the backside of one of the islands. We're still talking about that day!

Visited October 2011
2 Thank Beau H

Kapolei, Hawaii
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great trip away for the day”
Reviewed September 13, 2011

Ventured out with a kayak and wife for the day to the beautiful bird sanctuary with a helpful friendly guide to gear us up and give the lowdown on where-to's and how far's. Nice prices for the service and recommend it to anyone on windward side for the day.

2 Thank FireCrotchRockt
Northern California (usually)
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Good time with a great tour”
Reviewed February 27, 2008

I took the tour in mid-February 2008 and the weather and water conditions couldn't have been more perfect. It was sunny with just enough clouds floating through that I didn't feel like I was getting fried by the sun and the water was fairly flat even though other parts of Oahu had high surf advisories up. The guide's name was Miguel and he was really patient with a bunch of novice paddlers. I had never been on a kayak before but I was able to navigate the single kayak all the way out to the island on my own (FYI - I'm a 5' tall female) and never tipped over once. I admit I did switch places with one of the guys in Miguel's kayak for the trip back to shore - I had done a sports competition the day before and had started the tour with sore muscles to begin with (not the brightest idea in the world to grab the single kayak). The couple in the other double kayak had some problems launching back into the ocean and tipped over several times (5+ at the last count) and Miguel stayed with them until they finally managed to get going even though he was getting pummelled by the shorebreak (he was standing in the water trying to keep the kayak steady). I rate them as "above average" and not "excellent" only because the snorkeling area they take you to is kind of tame - the people & equipment are fantastic, its just that I'm used to snorkeling spots where there is more fish/turtle/monk seal viewing opportunities.

3 Thank Kauai_No_Ka_Oi
New Orleans, Louisiana
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“Mokulua Kayak Guides - Great Tour”
Reviewed December 2, 2007

My husband and I had so much fun with the Mokulua Kayak Guided tour off the shore of Kailua. Our guide, Scott took the time to show us how to manuever the kayak in a small cove before getting into the open water. Once in the ocean with the kayak our guide stayed close and helped us locate coral reef where turtles feed as he led us to a small island that serves as a bird sancturary. Once on the little island our guide told us all about these unique birds and their offspring. It was all so fascinating and so much more than just a typical tourist trap kind of tour. We hiked our way around the island to a small cove for snorkeling. It was paradise! We snorkeled for a while and saw some cool fish including Hawaii's state fish (name too long to remember)! Everything was wonderful and continued to be even after I hurt my wrist getting out of the cove. I had a perfect contusion (according to x-ray later on) and my wrist swelled to the size of a golf ball. I was so scared seeing my wrist swell so quickly. Scott was so kind and gentle but he took immediate action. He calmed me down, secured my arm in the life vest and put me in his kayak as we all kayaed to shore. Scott had radioed ahead to the owner, Rob, who was onshore with a car waiting to take us to the emergency room when we got there. Rob stayed with us in the ER (three hours) until all x-rays confirmed it was just a swelling bruise that would go down with ice and rest. Rob was even kind enough to drive us back to our hotel. I can't begin to tell you how scared I was when I got hurt but it was so comforting to have guides who knew just what to do. They took action and never left our side until they were sure we were ok. You don't find this kind of service anymore and I feel so bad that it took me so long to write this review. We took this tour in August 2007 and my wrist is doing great as the holidays approach. Thanks Scott and Rob for going above and beyond.

3 Thank Tuto