“Wonderful Food and AMAZING Customer Service”

Kalapawai Cafe & Deli
Ranked #1 of 146 Restaurants in Kailua
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed February 22, 2014

We were blown away by the excellent service we received. The waitress paid close attention to our needs and made sure she was always one step ahead of us. The rest of the staff checked in on us regularly as well. My family and I shared several appetizers that were all equally delicious. I would come back here again and again!

There are newer reviews for Kalapawai Cafe & Deli

Reviewed February 20, 2014

My wife and I ate dinner on two evenings while staying in Kailua. Both dinners were enjoyable by the great service and good food. The fish soup dish that I had was like a fisherman's stew without tomato sauce and it was terrific in taste. The fish ingredients were cooked perfectly and flavorful in their own right with the seasoning of the stew subdued but adding a nice herb taste. My wife''s fish entree was also outstandingly prepared. The next experience was not as good as the sausage-based entree that I ordered was distasteful to me and had it taken away. A replacement dish was offered with no charge for the original order. I ordered another margarita pizza that I was eating from my wife's plate as it was tasty. This incident was handled very pleasantly and I commend the management and service staff for treating me as a valued customer and not as a tourist who is unlikely to return to the area again and , therefore, not in their interest to please.

Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

This is simply a great place to eat and get coffee. My husband couldnt wait to have an iced americano. Staff went out of their way to be sure i could eat there with a nut allergy. Sandwiches are worth the trip across the Pali. They are big enough to split with another person. Variety is incredible when ordering. Loved the bean sprouts on sandwich. Breakfast burrito with pulled kalua pig is my favorite. My daughter loved waffles. Doont even think twice.. eat here!

Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

This place is top notch. Food and service was great. Staff is super friendly. Food was amazing every time we went here. Possibly our new favorite restaurant on the island.

Reviewed February 9, 2014

We come here frequently when we are in Kailua whether to buy coffee or sandwiches for picnics at the beach. Both the food and the coffee are excellent and decently priced. Staff is very friendly despite the fact that the store can be very busy. There are a couple of tables inside to eat at plus a few outside too. Parking can be a bit difficult and it is sometimes hard to get out on Kalaheo Rd but if you're in Kailua looking for lunch or a snack, Kalapawai is the place to go!

Been to Kalapawai Cafe & Deli? Share your experiences!