“Fantastic!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Fantastic!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2012

Fantastic beach accessible from a number of locations. Good for long walks, or finding a less crowded place to enjoy a day on the beach.

Visited December 2012

23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“What a sweet beach”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2012

My daughter lives in Kailua. On a recent trip from Maui where we live we went to Lanikai Beach to go paddle boarding. The beach is protected by an outer coral reef so the water is super calm and perfect for a neophyte paddle boarder(me!). I had so much fun in the water which is the most beautiful turquoise blue because of the white sand. You can kayak or paddle board or paddle a surf board all the way out to the "Mokes" (two small islands off shore). What a fun beach and great for the keikis(children) as the water is very calm with no rip currents.

2 Thank MauiEva
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Beautiful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

I am 12 and this was the first time I had ever been to Hawaii.
My mom and dad actually got married right on this beach 13 years ago and it was really neat to visit there!
The beach was very beautiful and the water was so clear..
I would totally come back to this beach next time I come!

1 Thank Anastasia D
New York City, New York
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Nice "hidden" beach”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012

We came to this beach at the recommendation of two friends who are from Oahu. It took us a while to actually find the beach but once we did, we understood what all the fuss was about. It was gorgeous white sand for miles.

When we came, we parked at the state beach (Kailua Beach Park) and walked into Lanikai. Might be easier --- we felt uncomfortable just parking our car on the side of the road.

1 Thank Stephanie P
Jerusalem, Israel
83 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 160 helpful votes
“I'm staying here for 5 weeks. Wonderful beach. Friendly peo”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2012

My beach house is on Lanikai beach. It is gorgeous, and on a nice part of the beach. I say ' my ' beach house, but it is mine for another week. Then I'm off home.
Great beach, friendly people, but no services for people ( toilets, etc.). And a mile + off shore, are the Mokulua Islands.

1 Thank BunclodySenator