“Good authentic Thai food, nice people”

Champa Thai of Kailua
Ranked #29 of 153 Restaurants in Kailua
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 31, 2014

For some reason, Thai restaurants have a hard time attracting enough patrons, Champa does not. The reason is simple, the food is authentic and very good, the portions plentiful, the real Thai waitresses are friendly and the local waiters bend over backwards to make you happy. Champa was an all around good experience that is very affordable. If you like to drink alcohol, don't forget to bring your own. They will be happy to give you the glasses.

Reviewed January 11, 2014

We stopped for lunch shortly before closing at 2pm and found this small restaurant in a non description strip mall. We were quickly seated and enjoyed a combo appetizer plate with Thai shrimp toast, egg roll and wonderful peanut chicken satay. My entree was requested to be spicy (not as spicy as I wanted) but the "Indian" style Thai curry was really good. It was creamy, and went well with sticky rice and was a satisfyingly good portion for $13. The front and decor may not be the most appealing but we found the food to be hot, fast and delicious.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

I've been here twice in the past few months and it really doesn't impress me.The service is uninspired and food average. I'm sure I'll go back just because it's convenient but it's certainly not memorable.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

I was so looking forward to some good Thai food during my weekend on Oahu. Champa was recommended, but my chicken dish was not tasty, lacked the exotic aromas and resembled 3-day old leftovers. The server failed the basic requirement of returning to ask if I needed anything. That said the place was packed, including a large birthday party. Someone must like it, but not me.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Friendly service, BYOB and good for groups. Have been 2-3 times. Good parking and usually no need for reservations