Boots & Kimo's Homestyle Kitchen
Ranked #6 of 150 Restaurants in Kailua
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed April 11, 2014

Boots & Kimo's in Kailua serves the absolute best macadamia nut pancakes EVER! I am not a huge pancake person (I prefer eggs for breakfast) but every review I had read about this restaurant raved about the pancakes. Both my husband and myself had blueberry pancakes topped with macadamia nut syrup. Pancake Heaven! I have never had such a tasty dish. Yes, the restaurant is small but well worth the wait. We had a party of four, went around 9am, midweek and it was not bad. Tour busses were just leaving so the timing was perfect. If you are traveling to the northshore of Oahu or even staying on the windward side, make sure you try Boots & Kimos.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,155)

Reviewed March 27, 2014

Macnutpancakes!!!!! I dream about these! They are like a desert.... So rich and creamy. Like melted ice cream on pancakes! The service is great once you're inside. There's always a wait though. I also had Hawaii corn beef hash and poached eggs. Super yummy!

Reviewed March 26, 2014

So the food was great!! We were a group of 6 (so, ya know .... Very small restaurant). Though, there are many free public tables outside the restaurant on the sidewalk. If I had to do it again I would order my food to go and eat on the tables which are outside and empty anyway!!! The part that rubbed me the wrong way.. 30-40% of the customers know this already and there is a massive amount of to-go food I saw walked by my table. We were quoted an hour or more wait. We waited two minutes shy of two hours. If they weren't making all the to-go food we would have been served much quicker (and ultimately seated quicker)!! As a comparison, the excellent crepe restaurant down the street does not offer to-go food and we were in and out in under an hour. Hmmmm. Makes ya think. But great pancakes. MANAGER OR OWNER!!! Feel free to respond!! Buy a food truck with all that money you're making.

Reviewed March 22, 2014

There was so much hype about this place, but to be honest, it was just ok. We had the famous mac nut pancakes, which were good but nothing to write home about; and the breakfast ribs, which were also alright. This is a huge japanese tourist attraction, so there are lots of people waiting. Overall, I don't think it was good value or worth the wait.

Reviewed March 20, 2014 via mobile

We visited here the first morning of our vacation and they set our standards high! We were a bit turned off by what they said would be a 20 minute wait, but it was a beautiful morning to sit outside, and it only 5 minutes to get us in. We ordered omelettes and pancakes. The food only took about 15 minutes to come from the kitchen. Their omelettes were truly stuffed with ingredients and just a thin egg shell, SO GOOD! Two of my recommendations would be the shrimp Alfredo omelette and the macadamia nut pancakes. Both were delicious. The wait staff were helpful and did a great job keeping up with the crowd. Total bill came to about $60 for 4 adults which didn't seem too bad, and we all walked out full and happy.