“Best Breakfast Ever - Get There Early”

Boots & Kimo's Homestyle Kitchen
Ranked #9 of 143 Restaurants in Kailua
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Hawaiian
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Kids
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Honolulu
“Best Breakfast Ever - Get There Early”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2013

We got there today as Boots and Kimo's opened and were seated immediately. The place started filling up right away - small tour buses with Japanese tourists arrived within a half hour. Get there early - it's worth it. Wonderful omelets, great coffee, very good pancakes (all kinds) and pleasant service. We love Boots and Kimo's!!!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank PJHono

• Korean first
“Always take out!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

I have lived in Kailua my whole life! Boots and Kimo's is always busy but the food is amazing! I always make a take out order to avoid the lines and long wait...boots and Kimo's with a scenic view at Kailua boat ramp is the best breakfast spot!

• Visited August 2013
“Yummy Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

I live on Oahu and eat here from time to time. When my cousin visits from DC in November, I plan to take her and her family to eat here. I love their famous pancakes with the macadamia nut sauce. I prefer the banana pancakes, but my husband and son does not like bananas... bummers, so I eat the plain pancakes. And... my husband loves the pulehu ribs. My son is a bacon lover, so we have to get that too. It's best when you can steal a bite from other to have with the pancakes. :)

If you haven't been there... you have to try it. Be patient... you may have to wait for a table. But it is worth it!!

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank SandraOahu
Invermere
“Best Breakfast Ever...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

So...I normally love breakfast food. And I always enjoy it at restaurants, but this is one of the very rare times it was actually amazing! The macadamia nut sauce is to die for. We waited for close to an hour to get in but I thought it was worth it. Good coffee, great POG juice. Definitely worth a stop:) The macadamia nut sauce on pancakes and waffles is great.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank pmr_92
Rok
“Holy Smokes and Macadamia Nut Sauce!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

I'm not a huge pancake fan....so waiting for breakfast isn't high on my list while visiting paradise! This one, however was worth the wait. Red Velvet, Banana & Mac and plain Mac pancakes, French toast and omelet stuffed with Portuguese sausage graced our table. OMG, we couldn't stuff ourselves enough...an we still left some on the plate. Servers were very efficient, tables clean (we were first seating though) and all staff friendly. No tourist buses delivered on July 4th this year...maybe that's your ticket?!

• Visited July 2013

Been to Boots & Kimo's Homestyle Kitchen? Share your experiences!