“Still my favorite!”

Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner
Talkeetna, Alaska
“Still my favorite!”
Reviewed April 24, 2014

We had several meals at the Big City Diner, they continue to impress. Could the location be better, sure. But the food the service and friendly atmosphere keep me coming back.

Suffolk, Virginia
“Best burgers in town!”
Reviewed April 16, 2014

We absolutely love Big City Diner! The service is always awesome and the food is delicious! Oh favorite meal there is the classic burgers on the potato buns...so good. I also love their salads with the local Halo greens...so fresh! It is always so relaxing to so outside with the beautiful, Hawaiian breeze. A must go to in the beautiful town of Kailua. They also have a great kids menu and delicious breakfast. You cannot beat the prices either.

• Visited February 2014
The Villages, Florida
“Michael Energetic and Spot On”
Reviewed April 10, 2014

The food is reliably diner food with a delightful "local" attitude. Service is usually adequate to better. This morning, Michael was dynamic and helpful and exceedingly cheerful! For the very first time EVER the morning breakfast specials were described.
Food came up fast, but the over easy were less than easy. Michael was quick with replacement. The hash browns ordered crisp were crisp indeed!
Coffee is robust. Overall, a good spot for breakfast.

“Don't eat here”
Reviewed April 10, 2014

They advertise "breakfast, brunch, lunch, dinner" but you can ONLY order those things when it is time. In the morning you are only allowed to have the breakfast menu. Everything we asked about on the menu the "didn't have" or "we can't cook it yet." The wait staff was fairly nice but there isn't much here. I ended up settling for toast because that's the only thing they seemed to have and couldn't mess up. When my toast came it was a hot dog bun cut in half... Really?! Def will not eat here anytime again when visiting.

Cincinnati, Ohio
“Great breakfast!”
Reviewed April 3, 2014

My husband and I ate at this restaurant for breakfast many times over our stay. It is a nice, low-key place that is very reasonably priced. The staff at BCD was great and could not have been more friendly and attentive. Our food was always cooked perfectly, they serve huge portions, and my coffee was continuously refilled - something very important to me. We tried Moke's Bread & Breakfast and Cinnamon's and, for us, the food and service weren't nearly as good - can't tell you how many times I had to ask for my coffee to be refilled. My husband pretty much ordered the same thing at every restaurant (the Loco Moco). He said BCD's was the best (some of his rice was stale at Cinnamon's). Definitely recommend this place.

• Visited March 2014