“Worst Dining Experience”

Service: Zero
Food: Zero
Atmosphere: Zero
Cleanliness: Zero
Price: Extremely expensive for what you get.

I went to this shoddy, run-down establishment with no air conditioning this past May 2007 for my wife's birthday celebration, and would rather erase this experience from my memory.

The prix-fix menu from Appetizer to "dessert" (which was nothing more than a glorified funnel cake) took more than three and a half hours to complete. The appetizer took about 2.5 hours to arrive and the wait staff didn't even take our order until more than an hour after we were seated.

Personally, I would've walked out on this lousy joint the first moment I looked inside, but the wifey had her heart set on trying the place out.

If it weren't for the alcohol we brought and the fun conversations within our party, we would've noticed even more things to complain about concerning this poor excuse for a restaurant.

1  Thank ThePalikero

Reviewed July 2, 2007

First, having been to Morocco, the only place you see this kind of eatery anymore there is at the tourist traps. Going here to get the "authentic" Moroccan experience is like going to KFC in Xian, China to get the American experience (which is not very authentic either, I assure you.)

Next... the real reason to not go there. We had 7:30 reservations and got there at 7:30. After 5 minutes of being ignored by wait staff and the hostess, we were brought to our table. Finally, at 8:20 someone approched us and asked about appetizers. We asked them if there was a delay and she got a little flippant with us that this style of eating took a little longer and we should be patient. After pointing out that we were ignored for 50 minutes and during that time we saw 1 dish of food brought out to the entire dining room (5-7 groups of people), she broke down and admitted their chef had quit and the new person was working alone in the kitchen and was having difficulty keeping up. She said it would be at least 2-3 hours for us to complete the meal. We left.

I had been there once before, and frankly, the food wasn't worth waiting 10 minutes for, let alone hours.

2  Thank HonoluluGator
Reviewed April 22, 2007

My wife, my 6 week old daughter, and I were so excited to eat here. We made reservations and got there 10 min early. We were not greeted. My wife went to find somebody and the waiter said go back and wait. The place had two other people in it. After 10 min we sat down and started to look at the menu. The waiter said "you need to move over here." Just to be rude. The Place Was Empty. I asked can we just sit here we're ready to order and he said "whats your problem. You can leave if you want to." My jaw dropped. I asked to speak to the manager. After he laughed at me in my face, he called to the back for his father. He escorted me to see him and I was horrified at the conditions in the back. Food and dirt on the floor, no hair nets, no gloves, and an old lady wiping her nose pealing garlic. (No joke) He proceeded to ask me what my problem was... I said a few harsh words and said I will spread the word so people wont eat there. This is the worst establishment I've been to. It's advertised for family dining but it's a BYOB place. Think again about eating here.

6  Thank ssgmarshall
Reviewed March 2, 2007

We visited Casablanca this weekend with a group of six, and had a wonderful and relaxing time. The outside of the building, as mentioned in another posting, is very nondescript, but the inside has a casual, Arabian feel. The menu is prix fixe at $32.75 ($38.75 for the nightly special), which includes 5 courses. They do not sell alcohol, but allow you to bring your own for no extra charge.

The food itself was great - I had the nightly special (rack of lamb), but what was most wonderful about the night was the slow pace of the meal and the great conversation. Our reservations were for 6:30, and we got into the car to head home at 10:15. We could've finished more quickly, but were really enjoying each others company.

Overall, this was an excellent choice for a casual, relaxed evening with a group of friends.

2  Thank jakester24
Reviewed January 24, 2007

My girlfriend and I arrived late to a work party at Casablanca only to be made to feel like trespassers at this shoddy establishment. First we were glared at by the wait staff without ever being offered FOOD. Unaware, we attempted to wash our hands after nibbling at some kaka type of baklavah thing on the table and were REFUSED THE WATER. Some young bimbo in a muumuu then comes out and rudely and very inarticulately informs my girlfriend and me that we are 'lucky to not be charged for dinner'; that 'that is their policy." "what policy is that?," we ask.
Apparently you need to sit down all together, get your meal, and that's that. No late people, no sharing. No No No. Fair enough. But we didn't need to be treated in such a way. So, maybe the food is good, but we wouldn't know. We weren't allowed to EAT. If you're in from out of town or just a local looking for a nice place to chill and eat.....this is NOT the place.

5  Thank nruch1