“Wonderful, relaxing meal”

Cuisines: African, Middle Eastern
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed March 2, 2007

We visited Casablanca this weekend with a group of six, and had a wonderful and relaxing time. The outside of the building, as mentioned in another posting, is very nondescript, but the inside has a casual, Arabian feel. The menu is prix fixe at $32.75 ($38.75 for the nightly special), which includes 5 courses. They do not sell alcohol, but allow you to bring your own for no extra charge.

The food itself was great - I had the nightly special (rack of lamb), but what was most wonderful about the night was the slow pace of the meal and the great conversation. Our reservations were for 6:30, and we got into the car to head home at 10:15. We could've finished more quickly, but were really enjoying each others company.

Overall, this was an excellent choice for a casual, relaxed evening with a group of friends.

2  Thank jakester24
There are newer reviews for Casablanca Restaurant

Reviewed January 24, 2007

My girlfriend and I arrived late to a work party at Casablanca only to be made to feel like trespassers at this shoddy establishment. First we were glared at by the wait staff without ever being offered FOOD. Unaware, we attempted to wash our hands after nibbling at some kaka type of baklavah thing on the table and were REFUSED THE WATER. Some young bimbo in a muumuu then comes out and rudely and very inarticulately informs my girlfriend and me that we are 'lucky to not be charged for dinner'; that 'that is their policy." "what policy is that?," we ask.
Apparently you need to sit down all together, get your meal, and that's that. No late people, no sharing. No No No. Fair enough. But we didn't need to be treated in such a way. So, maybe the food is good, but we wouldn't know. We weren't allowed to EAT. If you're in from out of town or just a local looking for a nice place to chill and eat.....this is NOT the place.

5  Thank nruch1
Reviewed January 19, 2007

I was meeting a bunch of co-workers after work and got held up at work so I was late. The waitresses were so rude we were all in shock. Several people had been there before and were surprised by the horrible treatment. We begged for a couple of glasses for the wine that we had brought in. The waitress rudely explained how we should be happy she wasn't charging my friend and I for the entire meal since we had dared to show up late. The problem was neither of us asked for any discounts and didn't expect one! She made us feel like poor homeless people begging for scraps. I was trying this place out for the first time because I wanted to bring my husband there during his R&R from Iraq next week. Needless to say this place is scratched off the list and we have also decided not to have next years office Christmas gathering there.

5  Thank texrn1
Reviewed September 20, 2006

This is our restaurant of choice for special occasions and visitors from the mainland. You can bring your own bottle of wine. Order the complete dinner which provides several courses from soup to dessert at about $38 total pp. The food is fantastic! My favorite main dish is the lamb shank with eggplant. You eat everything with your fingers. The atmosphere is pure Moroccan with rugs on the walls, leather ottomans, inlaid tables and Moroccan plates. It was voted the most romantic place for dinner. Enjoy!

4  Thank hawaiicouple
A TripAdvisor Member
Hawaii
Reviewed June 27, 2005

I really enjoyed this restaurant. It was an experience. I went there for a friend's going away about a year ago, and suggested this place as a going away party recently. The atmosphere is great. The food is yummy. We got to eat everything with our hands. I would defiantly recommend this place for anyone who wants to eat somewhere out of the ordinary.

10  Thank A TripAdvisor Member