“though it's more practical to dine in a group here, it's still my favourite restaurant in the state.”

Casablanca Restaurant
Ranked #80 of 143 Restaurants in Kailua
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed December 2, 2007

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook

Honolulu
“Some of you reviewed the wrong restaurant”
Reviewed October 31, 2007

the Casablanca that most people love is in Kailua on the island of Oahu. It's an Moroccan restaurant where you sit on a bean bag and eat with your hands... here is a great article about it [--]

I was just there last night and it's still wonderful, so I don't know what some of you are talking about. The staff may sound a little rude sometimes because English is not their first language, but they usually go out of their way to accomodate peole and they're almost always busy. They are the REAL DEAL, perfectly seasoned food, even great for vegetarians.

3 Thank Gigi808

Service: Zero
Food: Zero
Atmosphere: Zero
Cleanliness: Zero
Price: Extremely expensive for what you get.

I went to this shoddy, run-down establishment with no air conditioning this past May 2007 for my wife's birthday celebration, and would rather erase this experience from my memory.

The prix-fix menu from Appetizer to "dessert" (which was nothing more than a glorified funnel cake) took more than three and a half hours to complete. The appetizer took about 2.5 hours to arrive and the wait staff didn't even take our order until more than an hour after we were seated.

Personally, I would've walked out on this lousy joint the first moment I looked inside, but the wifey had her heart set on trying the place out.

If it weren't for the alcohol we brought and the fun conversations within our party, we would've noticed even more things to complain about concerning this poor excuse for a restaurant.

1 Thank ThePalikero
Honolulu, Hawaii
“Skip it!”
Reviewed July 2, 2007

First, having been to Morocco, the only place you see this kind of eatery anymore there is at the tourist traps. Going here to get the "authentic" Moroccan experience is like going to KFC in Xian, China to get the American experience (which is not very authentic either, I assure you.)

Next... the real reason to not go there. We had 7:30 reservations and got there at 7:30. After 5 minutes of being ignored by wait staff and the hostess, we were brought to our table. Finally, at 8:20 someone approched us and asked about appetizers. We asked them if there was a delay and she got a little flippant with us that this style of eating took a little longer and we should be patient. After pointing out that we were ignored for 50 minutes and during that time we saw 1 dish of food brought out to the entire dining room (5-7 groups of people), she broke down and admitted their chef had quit and the new person was working alone in the kitchen and was having difficulty keeping up. She said it would be at least 2-3 hours for us to complete the meal. We left.

I had been there once before, and frankly, the food wasn't worth waiting 10 minutes for, let alone hours.

2 Thank HonoluluGator
Aiea, HI
“Whats your problem”
Reviewed April 22, 2007

My wife, my 6 week old daughter, and I were so excited to eat here. We made reservations and got there 10 min early. We were not greeted. My wife went to find somebody and the waiter said go back and wait. The place had two other people in it. After 10 min we sat down and started to look at the menu. The waiter said "you need to move over here." Just to be rude. The Place Was Empty. I asked can we just sit here we're ready to order and he said "whats your problem. You can leave if you want to." My jaw dropped. I asked to speak to the manager. After he laughed at me in my face, he called to the back for his father. He escorted me to see him and I was horrified at the conditions in the back. Food and dirt on the floor, no hair nets, no gloves, and an old lady wiping her nose pealing garlic. (No joke) He proceeded to ask me what my problem was... I said a few harsh words and said I will spread the word so people wont eat there. This is the worst establishment I've been to. It's advertised for family dining but it's a BYOB place. Think again about eating here.

6 Thank ssgmarshall