“Big Disappointment !”

Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed May 25, 2013

I ordered a steak cooked medium & the steak was tough & difficult to chew & I even bit my lip a few times chewing. I also have never heard of a restaurant where the salad bar is included with your main course but you pay extra for a potato such as fries or a baked potato. The salad bar was also very disappointing as it was small & did not have any extras such as cheese or macaroni salad for example & the blue cheese dressing was very weak & almost reminded me more of a liquid than a dressing when you put the dressing on the salad as the dressing spread out over the entire plate. The flies were also bad here & one group was seated & requested to be moved because the flies were so bad where they were sitting.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,224)

Reviewed May 24, 2013

Been to Buzz's several times. The meals seem overpriced, the wait staff just so-so. But the Calamari Steak appetizer keeps calling me back. I tend to order it at the bar with a drink. Wish they had a real Happy Hour with a discounted drink of the day.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

We wanted to escape Honolulu for the day and heard Kailua was lovely. We stumbled upon Buzz's and had an amazing lunch! I enjoyed the scampi salad and my dining partner had a burger. Both were amazing - but the atmosphere was really tops! We were right across from the beach and it was just a perfect little stop - looked like a local hangout - real island feel - not at all commercial like Honolulu. Next visit, I'll seek it out!

Reviewed May 23, 2013

My family and I came here for drinks and appetizers due to their previous visit. Their Calamari was excellent and the BFRD (big F rum drink) were very tasty after the hike up to the pill box. Their Ahi Poke was also very tasty. We didn't stay for dinner but enjoyed a couple hours of good appetizers and drinks! If you are looking for a good time their service/food/drinks were solid.

Reviewed May 22, 2013

This is a very noisy high energy & popular dining spot and we were looking for something quieter with a more relaxed atmosphere. Servers are very animated, enthusiastic, and attentive but food was only average. My husband's steak was disappointing although my catch of the day entree was tasty was pricy. I was surprised to find an additional $2 charge on our bill for having it grilled on a hibachi. Unlimited salad bar(very basic) is included with entrees but if you wish a starch, there is an another additional charge.