“Good value”

Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed March 23, 2013

I read alot of the reviews here and I can tell you that if you go without a reservation (even early) you will be left to the vagaries of the hostess. I rather think she has an agenda, but I speculate. Nonetheless the salad bar was excellent and my opakapaka was very well prepared (hibachi style) with large portions. The wine list was not huge, but thoughtful. All in all, I'd go back with a reservation to get a better table than one in the middle of a traffic lane.

1  Thank Kurt G
Write a ReviewReviews (1,164)

Reviewed March 21, 2013

It is probably the best restaurant in Kailua. It is located in front of the beautiful Kailua Beach Park. Th staff was friendly, and the steak was very good.

1  Thank klingon66
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Went on a Monday night- we waited a short time for a table.
Had the Teriyaki steak and top sirloin - Teriyaki steak was good. Top sirloin awful. The waiter was slow with drinks and water, then he hovered after we were done eating.

Overpriced and poor food/ service. Drive by and keep going.

1  Thank Kriegler
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I have been only once, but my family has been many times. Buzz's serve good food and has good customer service. The place is very loud though so do not go here if you are wanting a romantic evening. Also, vegetarians might want to try somewhere else, though they do have a salad bar. I really wanted to give it 3.5 stars, but settled for 3 since I didn't have that option.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Sadly, the food was mediocre and the drinks were weak. Cool location across from Kailua Beach Park, but we didn't go back a second time and wouldn't if visiting the area again.

The service was quite friendly, though.

2  Thank Jocelyn_Andrew