“Red Velvet Pancakes are Heaven on Earth” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cinnamon's Restaurant

Cinnamon's Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 143 Restaurants in Kailua
Cuisines: American, Hawaiian
Good for: Special occasions, Kids, Dining on a budget, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Chicago, Illinois
“Red Velvet Pancakes are Heaven on Earth”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

Beyond yummmy! There are some simple rules to follow at this place.
1. Be prepared to wait, no matter what time or DOW
2. Go hungry
3. Order Red Velvet Pancakes, keep 'em to yourself or order a stack to share. Just get them on your table!!!
4. Close your eyes and enjoy the yumminess
5. Eat EVERY bite
6. When you leave go to beach and work off the calories, it was worth it!

• Visited September 2013

• Korean first
Kapolei, Hawaii
“Very good; worth the hype.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

This tourist trap holds up to it's reputation, unlike some others on the island (see review of Eggs 'n Things). The family and I were doing a little "Stay-cation" on the windward side and decided to try all of the places we've heard about.

A lot of people recommended Cinnamon's and one or two declared it overrated. We sought to find out for ourselves. The verdict: Very good.

We arrived on a weekday morning around 9:30 a.m. Our wait was about 10 minutes. There were plenty of seats in the waiting area. You're given a pager, so it's easy to peruse the nearby shops.

Side note: GPS takes you to a street, with no sign of Cinnamon's. You're actually at the back of the restaurant. It's in a shopping area with metered parking.

Hubs ordered the crab cake eggs benedict with guava pancakes. I snitched and it was all good, especially the country potatoes (go figure). I had the red velvet pancakes with an extra side of the white chocolate sauce. Wow. Loaded.

There's no kid's menu, but an easy fix is to order sides of various items, or just order their one egg, sausage and pancakes plate for like $7.00. We ordered just an egg for the toddler and shared the pancakes with her.

My one complaint is that the macadamia nut cinnamon roll was very good, but it was small for being $4.50. But it was good and melt-in-your-mouth soft.

• Visited September 2013
Alexandria, VA USA
“Great Breakfast in Kailua”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

Stayed in Kailua this weekend and wanted a place for breakfast. Checked out TA and Yelp and found Cinnamon's about two minutes from where I was staying. Arrived around 9:30 on Saturday and there was a wait, but they were turning tables quickly. I was seated in less than 15 minutes. They have both indoor and outdoor seating--I took first available and was happy it was outside.

The food was excellent. Had a spinach, cheddar, bacon omlet--the spinach was fresh and there was plenty of it. Came with a side of buttermilk pancakes--light and fluffy.

All in all a very nice way to start the day. I would definitely eat here again.

• Visited August 2013
Honolulu, Hawaii, United States
“I will be back”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

This is a great place to eat if you're in Kailua. The parking lot is metered, so make sure to bring quarters with you. You may need a lot of quarters because you may need to wait a while to be seated.

I will definitely be back to try something else on their menu. I had the traditional eggs Benedict with home fries. It was delicious. I was able to try the spinach omelet with bacon and Portuguese sausage, and a side of regular pancakes. The pancakes are nice and fluffy, but a little rubbery for my liking.

The service is awesome! The waitress was really friendly and very attentive, but not annoyingly attentive. She is the main reason I would go back to this place. She made waiting for a seat tolerable. It's a shame that I can't remember her name because she deserves the recognition.

• Visited August 2013
Michigan
“Loved eating here!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

We ate here with a party of 5 twice while visiting Kailua. We were messed up with time change so we went there right when they opened at 7 and avoided the crowds. The staff was so friendly and we enjoyed eating out in the courtyard area. My sons and I loved the red velvet pancakes. My husband got the guava pancakes one day too and those were really good as well. Wish I could go here whenever I want!!!

Visited August 2013