“Tasty and relaxing”

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Manhattan, KS
“Tasty and relaxing”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

My husband and I came here after a morning hike up to a waterfall, so we were HUNGRY! It was a little tricky to find the place, and we had to wait for a while, but it was totally worth it. I had the Guava Chiffon Pancakes, and my husband had the Eggs Benedict with mahi-mahi. Both were excellent. The pancakes were light in texture and had a great tangy syrup with a pile of whipped cream on top. Yum. It's pretty sweet after a while, though, so I'm glad my husband and I got to share. The coffee was just okay, but the waitress kept it coming.

What I really liked about Cinnamon's is that it felt like a hometown place. We stayed at a pretty upscale hotel and ate in some nice (pricey) restaurants on our trip — and there's nothing wrong with that. But this place was casual and inexpensive by comparison. The decor was kind of dated and there seemed to be lots of locals, and that made it feel very comfortable. If that's the kind of restaurant you're looking for, I definitely recommend it.

• Visited August 2012

• Korean first
FL
“Do not waste your time. Rude.”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Everybody raves about this place. Let me just tell you that they are rude. Also, they don't do take out on the weekend...even though the place was dead! What?

• Visited December 2012
Los Angeles, California
“Red Velvet Pancakes! (must try)”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

I have to give Cinnamon's a 5. Red Velvet Pancakes are that good!

Since we're on vacation, I don't like going to eat somewhere twice, but we actually came here twice and thought about coming a THIRD time, but ended up at Boots & Kimo.

This place reminds me of Flappy Jack's in Glendora, CA.
If you come on a weekend after 8:30AM, plan to wait at least 30 minutes to 1 hour for a table. We came on a weekday around 7:30AM and there was absolutely NO WAIT and NO CROWD. Remember to bring coins with you since all parking around the block all have meter-parking.

COFFEE $2.25 is roasted exclusively for them. (50% Hawaiian coffee blend, 25% Kona 25% Kauai) It was actually very tasty! I ordered coffee both times I was here.

RED VELVET PANCAKES - orders come in 2 or 4 pancakes and come with a white chocolate sauce, but no meat sides. Sometimes you need that salty to go with sweet. The pancakes themselves are so soft & fluffy and tasted better than any Red Velvet cake I've ever ate.

DECISIONS OMELETTE $11.25 - can choose any add-ins. My husband got Portugeuse sausage, cheese, ham & bacon. The omelette was a good size. The hash browns on the side were delicious! I couldn't stop eating them from my husband's plate. They were like creamy mashed potatoes inside, but so crunchy on the outside.

S.A.N.D. FRENCH TOAST $7.25 - comes with two whole slices of bread (cut into 4 pieces) choice of 2 bacon or sausage, and 2 eggs made to order. You can also order this combo with pancakes. They also have a Portuguese sweet bread french toast with guava chiffon that you can order, but it didn't come with any meat.

HAWAIIAN OMELETTE $11.25- this one had a whole bunch of stuff inside, kalua pork, tomatoes, white & green onions, lau-lau (pork & butterfish). Personally, I thought they weren't shy with the pork and gave generous chunks of meat inside, but the butterfish was a little overpowering.

CINNAMON MACNUT ROLL $4.50 - I had to order a cinnamon roll, since the name of the restaurant is Cinnamon's. I was expecting the roll to be bigger for the price, but it was smaller than I thought. It was just your typical cinnamon roll with macadamia nuts added. Just OK.

Overall, it's not a very far drive from Waikiki. If you're headed to the east side of the island, I would recommend making a stop at Cinnamon's for breakfast! I would come early in the morning if you want to avoid a long wait.

• Visited May 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
“Good Breakfast”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

We really enjoy the frittata in Cinnamon's Restaurant. Best breakfast meal in town. Good service and good people working at this restaurant.

Visited March 2013
Tampa, Florida
“Great Breakfast Place”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

We visited Cinnamon's while visiting on Oahu. The innkeeper of the home where we were staying recommended it. We went on a Saturday morning. It was very busy. But we find that any descent breakfast restaurant anywhere is busy with waiting crowds. Certainly on weekends. Service and good were very good. Fast. The pancakes were great. I had a frattata. Very tasty. The side of bacon cooked perfectly. We would recommend Cinnamon's. If you go on the weekend, definitely be prepared for a crowd and wait.

• Visited February 2013

Been to Cinnamon's Restaurant? Share your experiences!