“What's all the hoopla about?”

Cinnamon's Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 144 Restaurants in Kailua
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Manhattan Beach, California, United States
“What's all the hoopla about?”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

After catching the beautiful sunrise in Lanikai (and having a few hours before our Kayak tour) we asking a few locals my friend and I chose Cinnamon's. It was described as very good and very popular among locals. I will admit the place was packed but I was completely underwhemled by the food. I do not understand what all the hoopla is about in regards to this place. I ordered an omlet that was very bland, some dried Oreida style "home fries", and some weird, thick, sourdough taste that I didn't like.

Service was good though and the server was friendly.

• Visited October 2012

• Korean first
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Ono food”
Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

Everything we have ever eaten is so Ono here!
Try the Hawaiian omelet!
Guava Chiffon pancakes!
Oh heck, everything here is delicious, in fact food is so good, I ate everything before I could even take a photo!

Next door is a cute little jewelry shop, a local lady makes all her own jewelry, she's very sweet and I buy something every time I go to Cinnamons!

Perth, Australia
“Disappointing”
Reviewed October 18, 2012 via mobile

Was expecting better from reading past reviews. Eggs Benedict were terrible, coffee okay, service was below average and prices were high.

San Francisco, California, United States
“Best Brunch in Honolulu”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

I love Cinnamons. Living in Honolulu, I made every excuse to come here for brunch. I LOVE their coffee and there eggs benedict. Their fritata is amazing as well. They also have a red velvet pancake that is also tasty. (i'm drooling now, thinking about their food)

This place can get crowded, but its worth the wait on a lazy Sunday afternoon. They provide complimentary coffee while you wait. If you go early enough on Sunday, or on a weekday, the wait is not bad at all.

• Visited May 2012
Canberra Australia
“Consistently good breakfast venue”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

We have been here several times over the past 5 years when on vacation in Hawai'i. No trip to Kailua, (or Oahu) would be complete without one visit here for breakfast. There is a wide menu, very reasonable priced and very friendly service. We prefer to sit inside. Note there is usually a wait, and the longest waits are on weekends - plenty of locals here. My best suggestion is to bring some bags to take home what you don't eat, the serves are very generous. Pancakes are a speciality here, and try the coconut syrup!

• Visited September 2012

Been to Cinnamon's Restaurant? Share your experiences!