“Great taste adventure”

Flavor of Hawaii Culinary Adventures Food Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Try our walking food tours of Waikiki or Kailua and get the chance to taste at a variety of local restaurants and eateries. Our Kailua Food Tour and Waikiki "Pupus and Drinks" Food Tour take your taste buds on an unforgettable adventure through Hawaii's modern cuisine and culture. Come Join Us and Experience Hawaii Bite-Sized!
Reviewed January 26, 2013

If you are visiting Kailua do this ASAP to find great restaurants. Alesia is a great tour guide and can provide advice on all the local culinary sites. Excellent food and wonderful owners and chefs. I wish more places did this type of tasting tour. Well worth the price!

2  Thank DJE2013

Reviewed January 20, 2013

This was such a great part of our trip to Hawaii. I bought it as a Christmas gift for my family and we all had such a great time. Our guide Alesia was super friendly and very knowledgeable about each of the stops on the tour. The food was amazing and there were plenty of samples - it can definitely be considered a full meal.

My only regret is that we didn't do the tour earlier in our trip so that we could spend more time in Kailua and re-visit some of the restaurants for full meals, one of the stops had by far the best poke we had on our trip to Hawaii.

4  Thank Michael C
Reviewed January 6, 2013

We had friends visiting from the mainland and they actually found the activity. It was a fun couples thing but would have been just as fun with a friend. The food was amazing! I would have never tried such a wide range of foods and flavors in Hawaii if it weren't for the tour.
Alicia was very knowledgable, she was very friendly and she encouraged everyone on the group to interact which was fun.
There were foods on the tour that I would have normally never tried, but I did and actually enjoyed them. I look forward to her Waikiki tour and going back to some of the restaurants on the Kailua tour to try other items on the menus.
This is an activity I would absolutley bring visitors too! Great way to see another part of the island and then hit up the Kailua beaches afterwards.
I can't rate what sort of visit this is because I think it would be fun for all categories; family, couples, teens, friends, business or solo!

3  Thank mindinm
Reviewed December 26, 2012

This tour was one of our favorite activities on Oahu. Alicia was a warm and friendly guide and eager to show off her town and please her guests. My husband and I knew we would love the walking tour, trying all of the foods, and learning about the area. We were very pleasantly surprised at how much our 12 and 17 year old sons enjoyed it, as well. Her restaurant choices were excellent, diverse and delicious! We were surprised at the generous portions served to us (we had expected just a bite) and the restaurants hosts were very welcoming. We have found ourselves talking about this tour and recommending it to other people we have met on the Island. "Flavor of Hawaii" was a vacation highlight and I am already hoping I can get back to Kailua for another culiary tour!

1  Thank Dorothy Y
Reviewed August 27, 2012

I took the "I Love Kailua" Food Tour and it was flat out amazing. Alesia is the best tour guide I've ever interacted with! Alesia made the almost three hour walking tour feel effortless, like I was casually touring the city with a good and very knowledgeable friend.

Alesia aside, the tour destinations and organization were also wonderful. I was very impressed with the restaurants and shops we toured, and the interaction with chefs and restaurants! From the first moment of our exclusive tour through the back kitchen of Cactus to our final destination, everything was great.

My boyfriend and I went to the beach before the tour and did some shopping afterwards. Kailua is truly a one of a kind surfer/ beach town that you can't leave Oahu without visiting. The tour had large portion sizes and was well worth the money. My husband and I left full and happy!

When I return to Oahu I will definitely be booking additional tours with Flavor of Hawaii as well as recommending it to my friends. The only thing I would change is that I would have booked the tour earlier in my vacation because at the end you are given coupons to some of the shops. I would have loved to return to my favorite spots and have some more of the fresh fish, malasadas and passion fruit smoothie! After the Food Tour my husband and I wanted to move to Kailua permanently. Overall a DELICIOUSLY Hawaiian experience I will never forget!

2  Thank Samantha S