“Nicely done!”

California Pizza Kitchen
Ranked #24 of 143 Restaurants in Kailua
Cuisines: Italian, American, Pizza
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Sacramento
“Nicely done!”
Reviewed June 29, 2014

Pretty much do it right! Great beer selection ( 3 philosophers, wow!), deep menu, great location, reasonable prices for where you are. Service was "youthfully enthusiastic" - which doesn't translate to . . . great, but still . . . Would definitely go back . . .a little noisy inside, but tolerable.

• Visited June 2014

• Korean first
Kailua, Hawaii
“Tasty and easy going”
Reviewed May 20, 2014 via mobile

It was an easy place to relax, food tasted great and service was good too. Nothing stands out about this place - It was just an good place to grab food after a 22 hour journey! I recommend the Sangrias!

Luseland
“Great food, terrible service”
Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

Had supper there with 5 friends last night. I ordered the meat lovers thin crust pizza (which was delicious) and a Long Island Iced Tea. It took about half an hour to get the drink. The waitress kept telling me "they were still working on it"! One of my friends ordered a refill on his soft drink & he never got it. This restaurant location is quite small so one would think the service would have been a little quicker. I will think twice about ever visiting this franchise again!

Honolulu, Hawaii
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Little Things Can Trip a Restaurant Up”
Reviewed December 27, 2013

I had lunch at California Pizza Kitchen in Kailua, Hawaii on Christmas Eve. It was the first time I'd been there in over a year and a half. A number of things had kept me away: for starters, every one of its pizzas contains at least 80% of an adult male's allowance of sodium-- at one meal! So I tried one of CPK's pasta dishes-- Spaghettini with Asparagus, Spinach, and Salmon. I must say it was well prepared, and very good. The only big problem with my lunch: I was brought some nice, tasty, hot bread, and a bowl of innocent-looking olive oil with what is usually spices like thyme, basil, etc. When I dipped the bread in the oil mixture, I almost choked, and my eyes watered for starters. The explanation: "O, we put some hot chili pepper in the olive oil," my server innocently informed me. No other restaurant I've ever encountered does such a thing, and CPK would do well to stop it! At least warn patrons. If you have bread there, ask for butter!
The rest of the meal was unexceptionable. The service was slow, but I was seated at the bar, and my server also had to make all the drinks for the restaurant. I may return sometime in the future.

• Visited December 2013
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Good for kids, lousy food, nice staff”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

This is a corporate chain restaurant and the food shows it. Burned crust on pizza at a pizza place. We complained, but only vague expressions of concern. The Peking duck pizza is billed as a new addition but the duck mostly seemed missing from this pizza. Still the staff are very pleasant. It would be a good place to take kids as it is predictable and child friendly. For business or a romantic couple, find somewhere else.

• Visited November 2013