“Lovely Experience”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Kuulei Street
Reviewed May 23, 2014

My wife and I were seated immediately outside in the lovely deck area on a Friday evening. We arrived with a couple minutes left of the "Shady Hour" (happy hour) and our server made extra effort to ensure we got orders in during this discounted time.

The cheese tray appetizer was just one mediocre jam short of an 'A', but the cocktails, brussel sprouts salad, mushroom risotto, and bread pudding dessert were fantastic. The ambience and service were great, too. I would recommend this place.

Reviewed May 20, 2014

Met a friend while visiting here in Oahu. Nothing spectacular. Service left a lot to be desired. Flatbread pizza tasted as if it was from a box.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

The Grove provides a great atmosphere, upbeat and lively if you are in Kailua. The food is an international flair and is really, really good. It is a little expensive, but worth the money. Cocktails were also awesome and the staff was friendly.

Reviewed May 10, 2014

We like the laid-back atmosphere, the live music, the outdoor seating AND the good food. A varied menu with always a couple of fresh seafood dishes and good pu-pus. We have also brought our well behaved, small dogs with us and had no complaints from the staff or patrons. We dine here about once a month and look forward to visiting during Happy Hour, where reports are the food is great, along with the prices!

Reviewed May 6, 2014

Dropped in for dinner last week. The service was good, the drinks were ok. We ordered some appetizers. The Salmon Dip was heavy but delicious!! The Steamed Manila clams were good, nothing special.

I had the Warm Brussels Sprouts salad as an appetizer and the Kiawe Smoked Chicken as my main dish. I should have went with the Brussels Sprouts salad as my main, it was delicious. The chicken was definitely smokey but also very, very dry. The mashed potatoes and veggies were the star of this dish. Several people at our table had the chicken and all had the same complaint.