All reviews garden studio tree house lanikai beach the kitchen mokulua islands the penthouse mango tree short drive second bedroom welcome basket thought of everything stocked kitchenette family vacation pillbox hike windward side location was perfect north shore
Reviewed June 28, 2012

If you're looking for a quiet, clean, relaxing place to hang out this is it. The property is gorgeous, the dogs (yes Sue has 3 of them) are fun and friendly. Sue the host is so accommodating and sweet. The unit doesn't need AC because the trade winds, ceiling fans are perfect to keep things nice and comfy. You are steps from a quiet sandy beach that is the reason people think of Hawaii.

Kailua has some good food, so you're not in the total boonies and have to eat in your kitchen. We ate breakfast and some lunches there but went out every night for dinner. The kitchen is small but perfect for snacks, breakfast or lunches.

This place is great for couples. Wouldn't be good for families or kids. Not because Sue wouldn't make it work, but because it's really set up as a retreat from reality ;)

Room tip: There is only one room so book early!
Date of stay: May 2012
8  Thank Dave D
Reviewed June 9, 2012

Kailua Beachside Oasis is one of the rentals offered through Rick Maxey's Lanikai Beach Rentals. This was our second rental through his agency and we were very pleased with the accommodations and the location (a very short walk to the beach.) Rick's website gives a very thorough description of the property complete with pictures and a video.

The rental cottage is located on the grounds of a main house, which is occupied by the owner Sue and her family, including three friendly little dogs. The only reason I didn't rate it "Excellent" is that the pool is located right outside the bedroom window of the cottage. The owner was visited daily by friends and family who used the pool, so bedroom privacy was lacking and availability of the pool to guests was minimal.

Room tip: If you're looking for privacy, there are better options. We stayed at the Lanakai Tree House (on Rick's website) and found it to be excellent.
Date of stay: January 2012
9  Thank boots900
Reviewed May 27, 2012

As the saying goes...location, location, location! Loved the location with multiple access points within a few minutes walk just across the street. Got up and watched the sunrise 3 of 4 mornings....just Gorgeous. We stayed in the garden studio and found everything to our liking. The unit is cosy and nicely furnished. Loved how most walls were louvered windows so you could adjust as you liked and get marvelous breezes,
Rick provided much info and recommended many places to shop and eat.
The main beach park down the road was the perfect beach for walks on the sand, dips in the ocean and just sitting in the shade listening to the waves ( made great use of the folding beach chairs and beach towels provided in the studio).
Only thing I would change is the length of my stay!
Highly recommend and hope I get to visit again!

Date of stay: May 2012
8  Thank PPTA
Reviewed March 22, 2012

This was my first trip to Hawaii for my honeymoon. We had several flight delays and lost a day. We stayed in the Lanikai Penthouse. It was very spacious with a great view. The walk to the beach was a short and enjoyable one. There is alot of stairs to climb to get to the property, but I saw it as my daily exercise and it was no problem at all for me. I loved how the owners left a binder with tips and restaurant menus. Had a great time! Hope to return soon!

Date of stay: March 2012
6  Thank Sophia R
Reviewed February 13, 2012

We just returned from a 9 night stay in the Lanikai Garden Studio. It was perfect for my husband and I...so quiet and peaceful; we slept like rocks. Just what we were looking for. Rick and Nini were gracious hosts and very helpful when I ended up injuring my leg while running on the beach. The next time we visit Oahu we would definitely stay again.

Date of stay: February 2012
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
6  Thank Anita J