All reviews garden studio tree house lanikai beach the kitchen mokulua islands the penthouse short drive mango tree family vacation location was perfect thought of everything windward side stocked kitchenette pillbox hike north shore enjoyed our stay palm trees
Reviewed November 16, 2010

We stayed at the Kailua Beachside Oasis in early November and couldn't have been happier. The darling cottage was perfectly appointed, everything we could need to cook great meals and relax was there. It was quiet, close to the beach, and oh so clean. Sue is a gracious host, and she even shared her Hawaiian music with me -- the location couldn't be better, and having access to the hot tub was amazing.

Can't say enough good stuff about our experience - highly recommended! Oh, and we loved the 3 little dogs that would come and visit from the main house. What a treat!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
4  Thank portland_OR_bird
Reviewed August 11, 2009

We stayed in the Garden Studio at the Lanikai B&B from 6/2/09 through 6/7/09. This was our second visit to Oahu together: in 2006, we stayed in Waikiki and loved the powdery-soft beach at Lanikai. I definitely recommend staying at Lanikai rather than Waikiki for a relaxing vacation, and we would recommend this specific B&B. In particular, the garden studio was perfect: it was close to the beach, there was a cool breeze, it was comfortable, the gardens were pretty, the kitchen was well-stocked (to prepare your own meals), and Nini was very, very friendly. Nini and Rick provided backpack-style beach chairs, a cooler, boogie boards, and even a welcome Dole pineapple and muffins. There was even a binder of local restaurant menus which was helpful. We would definitely stay at the garden studio again.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
35  Thank RomanticTravelers888
Reviewed November 19, 2008

We have just returned home after staying 10 nights in Oahu. This was our first trip to Hawaii, there were 5 people in our group. We spent 3 nights in Waikiki and had a great time there but were footworn and tired when we arrived at Lanikai Hale Mahina for 5 nights. We arrived to find a charming, comfortable and absolutely spotless home that contained everything we could need for our vacation. Clean, fluffy white towels, beach towels, beach matts, floaty toys, cooler for packing your lunch, a full sized fridge, spacious table for eating or playing games, screens on all the windows that can be left open day and night to allow the trade winds to blow - none of that relentless blowing of an air conditioner but plenty of fans to cool the rooms. Lanikai is a very short drive to Kailua town with all the shopping you need, try Don Quixote for groceries, Safeway, the Thursday evening market has plenty of veggies, fruit, flowers and plate dinners. Day trips to Honolulu and Waikiki are also an easy drive. I would absolutely recommend this accommodation to my family and friends. We also got a peek at the garden studio that is part of this same property, it has a private garden, beautifully decorated, again spotless, and is perfect for 2. Rick and his family were very welcoming, but not obtrusive. This accommodation is a licensed bed and breakfast and is a member in good standing with the Better Business Bureau, with no complaints when I checked before booking. Lanikai beach is beautiful day or night with the moon shining across the water, swimming is warm and safe. Do the hike up Lanikai ridge for the spectacular views. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
12  Thank Butterflystomper
Reviewed May 10, 2008

My family of 4 stayed here, and we felt very much at home. The breezes are incredible.
Nini & Rick are great! Very warm and welcoming. Grizzly the dog was a wonderful stand in for my dogs.
They even gave me a lovely lei for Mothers Day.
We'll be Back!! :o)

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
13  Thank Daisey31
Reviewed July 14, 2007

My husband and I looked for a nice romantic place for our honeymoon and decided we wanted to stay in Kailua, because we had read such wonderful things about the beach.

So after much searching we decided to stay at Lanikai B&B and when we got there we were disappointed right away.

I had told the owner we were on our honeymoon and that it was my first time to Hawaii, so I was hoping maybe for a little 'something' to show congrats on getting married or something - but nothing.

The ants were GROSS in this place, we were told this was common on the island, but it's not fun to open up your suitcase in the morning and find ants in your clothes.

The beach access that this B&B is near is more like water access, because there is no sand at the access. You have to walk 10 minutes to get to the 'beach' part.

I would definetly stay in Kailua again, but NOT at this B&B.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled as a couple
20  Thank WillowTree456
HowBoutThat, Owner at Lanikai Beach Rentals LLC, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2008

I am sorry that your expectations vs. your experience in our garden studio prompted you to post such a degrading review. We have hosted guests since the mid 80’s and many are repeat customers from years past. We are always more than accommodating to a guests special request, although it helpful when they, the guest makes their requests known.

The beach across the street is only available at “low tide”, ocean at all other tide periods. The beach access north of us is a five (5) minute walk, not ten (10). If you did in fact stay with us, you were forewarned of this by my self and within our rental agreement which details our beach status. If you truly did stay in our studio, you know exactly what I am referring to.

Ants? Yes, occasionally we have ants and so does everyone else in the islands. At times they are more abundant due to the weather. My apologies for this inconvenience. We do have regular, professional pest control treatment and will continue to do so.

The process of posting potentially fraudulent reviews of a property without stating who the author is leaves much room for abuse. We have worked very hard for many years to establish ourselves with our business and with the relationships of our many guests who return year after year.