“Great funky local store”
Review of Muumuu Heaven

Muumuu Heaven
Ranked #5 of 16 Shopping in Kailua
Frisco, Colorado
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great funky local store”
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Great place to visit lots of local artists. Housewares very cool. Clothing is stunning but a little pricey. Staff is excellent, friendly and very knowledgable.

Sydney
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Loved Muumuu Heaven!”
Reviewed September 11, 2012

After reading about Muumuu Heaven on the net, I made a beeline for this shop while staying at Waikiki Beach last month. So glad I did - vintage muumuus cut and re-styled as modern dresses, skirts, tops and pants. Beautiful tropical prints and colors. I came away with a fabulous red silk floral dress which I'm sure will get plenty of wear come summer.

The sales assistants were lovely and helpful, great with tips about how to style the dress and even gave me a discount "because you're Australian!" I also scored a cute luggage tag and makeup pouch gratis. Will definitely be back.

If I had just one niggle though, it's with the sizing. Not a lot of range in the larger sizes. I'm an Australian size 12 (US 8) and found that I mostly needed an XL when trying on the dresses, whereas most of the range was XS, S or M. Would be nice to see more aimed at the segment of the market which isn't matchstick thin!

Sacramento
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“heavenly”
Reviewed May 3, 2012

Muumuu Heaven takes beautiful "retired" muumuus and other Hawaiian textiles and makes them into gorgeous clothes and other beautiful things, all one-of-a-kind. I've never seen anything like it -- it's worth a special trip to Kailua

Visited January 2012
1 Thank Ruth S
New Orleans, Louisiana
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 61 helpful votes
“Superb store for chic islandwear that doesn't look touristy”
Reviewed June 11, 2010

I wanted to buy for myself a bit of islandwear but didn't want to look costumey or touristy. Mu'umu'u Heave was the perfect spot. They recycle mu'umu'u fabrics into modern, chic women's wear that's appropriate anywhere. The helpful sales associates offered us drinks and pupu as my husband sat and I shopped. The selection was impressive, but remember that all the fabrics are recycled, so patterns are very limited. I mentioned that Michelle Obama is a style icon for me, and they pulled the dresses that she purchased when the first family visited a few years ago. After trying on several great choices, I purchased a great top for $125. Even the shopping bag they gave me was adorable -- a very usable tote made of recycled aloha shirt fabric! I love this store and look forward to visiting them again.

1 Thank mtbwustl