Segway of Hawaii- Kailua
Ranked #2 of 13 Tours in Kailua
More attraction details
Owner description: We offer an incredibly fun, eco-friendly, and easy way to see more of the beautiful Kailua and Lanikai communities. Like nothing you imagined, come explore with us how it feels to be gliding on air in perfect sync with everything around you!
Reviewed December 1, 2012

Always wanted to do this and wasn't disappointed. Had a great time on the Segways. Husband and wife run this business and were very knowledgeable with great passion for Hawaii and gave us some local attraction recommendations. 5 star and apologies for leaving it so long to review.

All reviews
"an amazing experience"
in 4 reviews
"an excellent guide"

Reviewed November 13, 2012

During our recent trip to Oahu, my husband suggested that we do a segway tour. I was very apprehensive as I’m not an “outdoors” person and am uncoordinated when it comes to sports of any kind. I hesitantly agreed. My husband arranged a tour with Segway of Hawaii in Kailua. Rick McMahon was our tour guide. I must say that he made me feel comfortable and even confident on the segway (which I had never ridden prior to that day). He took the time to explain everything about the equipment and to have us practice in the shop and the parking lot before going out on the “road”. He took us along the ridge above Kailua Beach which was awesome. I was born and raised on Oahu, but I learned so much of the geographic history of the island from Rick. I would definitely recommend Segway of Hawaii in Kailua for first timers AND experienced riders, for locals as well as tourists, not only for the beauty of the scenery but also for the educational content.

Lorraine D

Reviewed November 2, 2012

Riding a segway is fun and easy, and a really good way to "see the sights"!
I had ridden with Rick last year, and took my husband this year for instruction and a tour. He was a little apprehensive, but Rick put him at ease as he quickly learned how to ride. We had a wonderful time riding and visiting some of the points of interest in Kailua and Lanikai. Rick is full of interesting historical and cultural information about the area, and answered all our questions.
Riding the segway was easy and fun, and we really enjoyed getting to know Rick and his wife. We are looking forward to our next trip to Hawaii so we can go again. We highly recommend this excursion!

Reviewed October 1, 2012

Rick made sure that we were absolutely confident with the Segways as it was our first time riding them. It was a blast. We only took the short tour but it was great and we learned a bit of history, a bit of culture and we also laughed a great deal. Well worth the money, A highlight of our trip. Would do it again in a heartbeat!

See more reviews
Reviewed September 22, 2012

I have done about 7 segway tours before and this is by far the best Segway experience I had from beginning to the end. I never been to Kailua and doing this tour made me love this side of the island so much more. Rick, our guide, is very passionate and so easy to get along from the first step into the office. He gave us a pretty detailed training that I never was told about in my other Segway tours, which was very intuitive. Once we got alittle practice in, we were on our way.

He took pictures for us while riding which you can purchase for a small nominal fee. It is so worth it because u don't have to worry about bringing a camera or missing any shots. He took a lot of pictures plus a few videos. This way, you can just focus on riding and enjoying the view.

We got off a few times to enjoy some of the beautiful views that Kailua had to offer. He gave us great facts and history and even some trivia along the way. It was an awesome 2 hour ride and afterwards, I fell in love with Kailua and want to stay in this part of Oahu next time I come back.

Once we got back to the office, we were given refreshments and a place to wash up. The staff was very nice and really gave up top notch treatment. All other Segway tours really need to take a lesson from Rick and his staff as nobody compares to how they run their tour and the experience they give to their customers.