“Best views anywhere!”

$195.00*
and up
Path to Pali Passage - 30 Min Helicopter Tour - Doors Off or On
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Prepare for a serious hike. Trails get harder as you approach the peak. This hike requires some rope climbing and scaling of some sheer face rock cliffs, but all worth the workout. On a clear dat you can see to the ocean in all directions.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

I have seen/heard many people talking about how this is dangerous. Do an honest assessment of your own physical abilities. If you are visiting or live in Oahu do Diamond Head first. If you had a hard time with that then do not do this hike. It is only dangerous if you are not in moderate physical condition. I have seen little kids and old Japanese tourists on this thing doing just fine.

Stay on the trail and there will be no problem. Bring at least a liter of water, light snack and a photo taking device of some kind. When I did this solo I had my ipod and it was great.

Tips: Do not bring a kid on this hike until they are at least 12 years old I would say. Check the weather because when it rains it gets quite muddy. Bring in your car to the parking lot only what you need for your hike and will be taking with you. Might want bug spray just in case but I never had an issue with this.

Finaly tip and most important is Post-hike. Have some sandals and a towel waiting for you in your car. Feels so good after.

2  Thank David I
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I absolutely love hiking and I have been on million great hikes. The Olomana trail is in top 10. My sister & I did it together. It is 2.5 miles. Nice & easy in the beginning where you walk on a red clay surface among the most unique pine trees, and really strenuous after a mile or so. It ends with a climb up a vertical wall with several ropes to use for support, but the views of Kailua and the ocean from the top you are rewarded with are spectacular. The view straight down from the top of the 1st peak is a singular experience. Bring plenty of water and some snacks. You got to park outside of the golf course on the side of the road and 10 min walk on the paved road to the trail. Here is a helpful link http://hawaiitrails.ehawaii.gov/island.php?island=Oahu

Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

Wonderful hike. Gets muddy, but the views are variated and wonderful. The waterfall at the end is worth the effort.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

I did this solo & knew I wouldnt make it to the top of the 1st peak but had to give it shot. When in Rome, right?! Not much parking, park before the bridge. Chatted w/the guard at the gate, was a super nice guy. Advised me to keep my eye on the weather. The trail starts about 1/2 mile up from the gate, cant miss the sign. the trail was super easy to follow, well shaded. This baby gets steep & my lungs were burning. I didnt get as far up as I wanted, once it started getting rocky I got about 20-30 ft up & had to make the judgement call to stop. I got over a 1000ft up, took me just under an hr with all my stops.This was a hard, butt kicking trail but I loved it & I would attempt it again. ***several cars were broken into when I was here*** Do not leave even a crumb in the car!

1  Thank Samara R