“Exceeds the Highest of Expectations”
Review of Aaron's Dive Shop

Aaron's Dive Shop
Ranked #2 of 13 Tours in Kailua
Reviewed September 6, 2013

I am most grateful for the high level of professionalism, expertise, and outstanding instruction given to us by Aaron's Dive Shop. Another diver and I did our Open Water Diver certification with them, and we had an awesome time. Larry, who was our instructor for our confined water dives, is clearly a seasoned pro who we learned a TON from - the results of his methods were apparent right away as we quickly realized just how well everything he had taught us stuck, making our check-out dives a lot of fun and allowing us to go about them safely and with confidence. Kelly was with us next, and she led us on our first adventure to the bottom of the ocean. Her calm and friendly demeanor, coupled with her vast knowledge, made the trip unforgettable and played a big part in inspiring us to continue learning new dive skills. On our third day, we had Jeff as our instructor, who is a very cool, very down-to-Earth guy who led by example and provided us with experiences that many people can only dream about: floating alongside multiple turtles, swimming with dolphins... we could not have asked for more, and our expectations were completely blown. The ads aren't lying when they say Aaron's is the best. What isn't explicitly advertised is the exceptional group of individuals, each with their own way of creating awesome experiences, who do an absolutely phenomenal job of providing an exceptional level of service.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

I went to Oahu to relax and to dive. Aaron's was recommended by a friend. I am a newer diver having just done my Open water last year.

Jeff the instructor was fantastic. He was very calm and took his time both explaining things as well as doing demos underwater. I did 5 dives with him and really enjoyed them all. I would dive with him again.

I was traveling alone so some of the dive sites were not accessible as the boat doesn't go out for one diver. So if you are in a group that is best - or call ahead to make sure there is a boat going.

1  Thank SarahElizabeth22
Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

We had a good two dives on a rainy day. Well organised, well run. Prices are steep in international comparison (but normal compared to other Hawaii diveshops). Boat was an open boat though, which was less comfortable in the rain we had (and perhaps also when the sun shines).

1  Thank Joeri E
Reviewed July 3, 2013

My daughter and I were in Hawaii for a one week vacation. One of her main goals for the trip was to snorkel with the turtles. It wasn't until we were in Kailua did I spy a small dive shop to stock up on some snorkeling gear and a waterproof pouch to keep our keys and phones in while we swam. (I already drowned on electric rental car key & did not want to do it again :)). Anna was the person who greeted us and immediately started to take care of us. She listened to what we wanted, and she showed us what she had. Of course, since we were not experienced snorkelers, I was going more by cost than name brand or top of the line with all the bells and whistles. That did not decrease the level of help Anna gave us, or the amount of patience she had while assisting us in making decisions. The gear we bought was not the cheapest but, the next level up. There was only one waterproof pouch. After we had made our decisions on the gear, Anna gave us a map & suggested some other areas, including Kailua, where we might try snorkeling. Then, I saw the "Trip Advisor" sign & mentioned that I was a very active Trip Advisor reviewer. She said that Aaron's gives a discount to all "Trip Advisor" reviewers, and low and behold, I had a discount without a coupon or anything! The only downside to this story is once we actually used the snorkeling equipment, my daughter's snorkel's wave protector at the the top of the snorkel would get stuck. Our purchase was toward the end of our trip and we were staying in Honolulu & were not planning to return to Kailua. No problem, I thought. I'll just call when we got home & and ask to exchange it by mail. However, just like this review, by the time I got around to it, it was a full month later until I read the receipt & it said, "14 day return policy". UGH! I didn't even try to call. I play by the rules. So, just a heads up, go try your gear, and give yourself ample time to go back if you have any trouble :)

Reviewed June 27, 2013

This was an OK experience, but not up to the standards of other Oahu dive operations. I am a certIfied Divemaster and I visit Hawaii frequently. The leader, Jeff, was highly skilled but not familiar with local waters. He was very helpful and friendly, but we went on a "drift dive" in an area not suited for it and ended up swimming against the strong current. One of our group was at 700 PSI in 11 minutes, so that was the end of that dive. The second dive was a big improvement. The boat is small and flat-bottomed. Not real seaworthy-looking. I later found out it has capsized 3 times. The shop owner is not very personable, and if he knows you are not local, does not try very hard. I will use other operations in the future.

2  Thank CarolP76