“Aaron's Dive Shop & Crew are the best!”
Review of Aaron's Dive Shop

Aaron's Dive Shop
Ranked #2 of 14 Tours in Kailua
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Aaron's Dive Shop & Crew are the best!”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

My fiancé and I had a wonderful and educational experience in achieving our dive certification. The team here is so friendly and welcoming and took us to some great dive spots. On our open water dive section of certification we saw sea turtles, so many beautiful fish and even an eel. When learning and somewhat uncomfortable with gear the team was very helpful and attentive. We bought some of our essential gear such as a good mask, snorkel and fins and are very happy with them. Additionally we received great tips and explanations from the team upon purchasing our gear. Cost is reasonable and the experience provided by this team is totally worth it! Id highly recommend Aaron's Dive Shop!

Visited June 2013
1 Thank OahuAloha

• Korean first
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome Diving”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

I've been diving with Aaron's since 2007. I have not only completed classes with them, but I regularly go fun diving. The staff is always friendly and the boat crew is helpful and knowledgable. My favorite dive has to be the Cors Air. Even though it's a "small" site, every time I go there I see something new. It seems that amazing marine life is attracted to that spot. Whether it be frog fish, rays, star fish, wire coral, or sharks, each time there's a surprise. After the Cors Air we go to on a shallower dive. At each shallow spot I've had turtles come right up to me and it seems that there are eels around every rock. This is some of the best diving on Oahu and I hope to continue diving with Aaron's for as long as I live on island.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Scubaroscoenat
Nashville, Tennessee
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Better choices, look elsewhere !!”
Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

We chose Aaron's Dive Shop on Oahu for our honeymoon dive adventure. This was the second island dive for us in as many weeks. With a carefully planned itinerary, Aaron's called us to reschedule the dive the night before because of other divers cancelling. We wanted to dive so we changed OUR schedule for them. Big mistake !! Young girl picks us up from the hotel and explains she was a dive instructor for our dive. When asked if she was a "dive master" she changed the subject. We pick up two other divers and are then informed the dive is changed from a deep-shallow to a "double deep dive" because of weather. When questioned about the depth, she says, "Well you guys have dive computers right ?" We ride up the north shore of Oahu to a bad part of town and a pier that has seen better days! The dive boat was a 26 foot open boat, no bathroom with no apparent emergency supplies. As we're getting out of the van our "guide" then informs us we are responsible for our own equipment and setting up the gear, tanks, etc. My wife and I called "time out", informed our "guide" we were not comfortable and were not going out on the dive. She called us a taxi to take us the 45 minutes back to our hotel, got on the boat and left !!! Do not use Aaron's !!! Slick website - bad adventure !!

Visited May 2013
6 Thank Neil N
Oregon City, Oregon
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Going downhill”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

As Tanya S stated the customer service and staff is going downhill, we have been diving with them over the past several years,
The good-
The boat was big and not crowded and the captain was funny and knowledgable, there was only 6 people on the boat and the dive sites where close to the harbor and lots of fish and turtles, the van ride was ok for a quickly site seeing tour of that side of the island

The bad- we booked to do 2 shallow dives for longer bottom times but we went to a deep wreck because someone requested it, but we had requested shallow and was told the pm boats do shallow dives, also the dive planning was not good and the In water attention was non existent, one customer ran out of air and had to buddie breath with another customer to get to the surface and the instructor didn't even know what happened (can't remember his name but he said he was working in the Philippines)
Also the instructor and one of the dive masters was all over each other and led to some very uncomfortable situations, I don't know if they are a couple but they shouldn't act like that in front of customers
I probably will give one more chance but if the same staff is there I may have to pass
Also make sure where you are going to dive if you want something specific because it appears the booking guys will tell you whatever you want to hear to get you to sign up

Visited December 2012
3 Thank Jack G
Norfolk, Virginia
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Great service”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

I was visiting Hawaii on a budget, traveling alone and not too familiar with the islands. The guys at Aaron's took care of me- answering all my questions, and even giving me insight into things to do in and out of Kailua. Before renting my snorkeling gear, they had me try on a bunch of different sizes and fits to make sure my first snorkeling adventure in Oahu was successful. Thank you, or should I say "mahalo" for all the help!

1 Thank azsmile15