“Breathtakingly Awesome!!!”

14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Breathtakingly Awesome!!!”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

This beach and Lanikai has to be the very best the island has to offer. But Kailua has facilities for the little ones and there a restaurant just across the road a small store down the street a bit. You'll find areas perfect for the little ones where the waves aren't crashing so it's a perfect place for families with small children(there's also a bit of shade as well). But the beach and the scenery just can't be beat - I can't say enough about this part of the island. Another feature that I love is the sand - it's as fine as baby powder! It's worth the 25 -30 minute drive from Honolulu and the beautiful scenic drive in between!

Visited September 2013

18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 125 helpful votes
“Deserted Beach... Seriously!”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Given my adventures in finding a spot on Waikiki beach, I was incredibly surprised to find this beach equal parts amazingly beautiful and completely deserted. The sand is soft and white and the ocean great for boogie boarding but not violent. I could have spent all day here enjoying the breeze and sun.

There are change facilities, showers, and bathrooms. All the elements for a great beach plus when we were there we had no problem parking (lots of free spaces even though there were about 15 spaces available) and we may have seen four other people the entire time we were there.

One side note, we came to this beach from the Waikele Outlets which meant we took the John A Burns Freeway (H3). Some compeletly breathtaking views! Who know the journey there would be just as beautiful as the desination... take the John A Burns Freeway!

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Laura15347
Atlanta, Georgia
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“My favorite beach on Oahu”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

We love Kailua Beach Park so much we stay in Kailua or Kaneohe so we can be close enough to go every day, if we want to. There are so many good things about this beach:
The sand is beautiful creamy colored and clean
There are trees that shade parts of the beach so if you are like me, and don't want to get too much sun, you can sit in the shade.
It's hardly ever very crowded because most visitors haven't discovered it yet.
There's ample free parking.
You can bring a picnic or portable grill because there are grassy areas outside the sand part where you can set up for lunch or a party.
There is a public bath house with restrooms but it needs repair. It's functional but not pretty.
I like to walk the beach, so I put on my sneakers, a tee shirt and shorts and my ipod and walk from the lifeguard station to the other end of the beach where the sand ends and the small rocky embankment begins, about 1.5 hours round-trip for me on a good day.
The water is many shades of beautiful blues, clear and clean and warm. Great for floating and swimming.

There are families with small children, dogs and their owners, lovers, older couples, Japanese tourists and locals all enjoying this beach together and it's a beautiful thing.

Eugene, Oregon
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Perfect white sand and gentle surf”
Reviewed October 12, 2013

While the parking is limited, there is plenty of shade to come early and stay a while. Sand is fine and white, gentle slope out in the water so easy in and out for swimming and splashing. Lots of kids on the weekend. Lifeguards present towards the middle of the 2 mile stretch. Plenty of room for swimmers, kayakers, SUPers alike!

24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Great beach”
Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

Great picture perfect beach. So close to lanikai. I actually walked from here. Next time I will try to rent a place by this beach