“Absolutely Phenomenal” 5 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Drinks, Parking Available, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Houston, Texas
“Absolutely Phenomenal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2014

I decided to Google the words ‘shave ice’ during a leisure drive around the island. Island Snow was at top of the list, nearby and highly recommended. Being originally from New Orleans, I am quite familiar with what we call Sno-Balls, so I could not wait to compare the two. In my opinion, the shave ice at Island Snow is practically the same as a New Orleans Sno-Ball. The ice melts in your mouth and the flavors are intense. I must admit, I was reluctant to try ice cream with the shave ice; however, I decided to go with the flow. Boy, am I glad I did. The combination was wonderful. The ice cream was not too sweet, thus its flavor did not overpower/compete with the shave ice flavor. Wow! What an experience.

The atmosphere was exciting as there were lots of beach comers and goers stopping by. The server showed us a photo of the President on the wall and said that he had recently stopped by.

In closing, Island Snow should positively be on your list of places to visit.

• Visited May 2014

Salt Lake City, Utah
“Great after a day at the beach!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

My family and I loved stopping by here on our way home from the beach. A variety of flavors, friendly staff and a great experience. Make sure you get the snow cap on the top!

• Visited June 2014
Michigan
“Good, but what did the kids say?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2014

We had shaved ice twice on our trip, but never before. The kids were unamious in saying that they preferred Matsumoto's on the North Shore. I did too, but not sure exactly why.

Of course, they liked this place too so don't drive all the way to the North Shore just to get the kids Matsumoto's shaved ice. This will do.

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Laguna Beach, California
“Our favorite shave ice on the Windward side...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2014

Great flavors and shave ice in Kailua and it never disappoints, especially after a day at Lanikai or Kailua Beach. We love our shave ices with "ice cream on the bottom" and a "snow cap."

Visited April 2014
Kansas City, Missouri
“Great end to a fantastic trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014 via mobile

On the way to the airport we decided we needed shaved I've one more time! It was delicious! Don't know if I'll ever eat a "snow cone" again!