“Shave Ice - Awesome!!!”

Good for: Families with children
Tennessee
“Shave Ice - Awesome!!!”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

The shave ice is awesome! It is situated really close to Kailua Beach. They have plenty of flavors to choose from and the staff is very friendly! Also kayaking rentals are in the same parking lot.

Florida
“My favorite shave ice on the island”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

We did a taste comparison of a couple different shave ice places last week and Island Snow came out on top! I was surprised because we just stumbled upon it on our way back from hiking Koko Crater, and it wasn't one of the places hyped up in our guidebooks. We tried Aoki's on the North Shore and Kenekes in Waimanalo, and my husband and I both preferred Island Snow.

I got pineapple, lilikoi, and coconut with a scoop of rich and creamy vanilla ice cream at the bottom which was perfect for cooling off. My husband got the snowcap (which is apparently condensed milk) that they drizzle on top if you're feeling really decadent.

If you're in the Kailua area, you should definitely try Island Snow!

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank bananafishfever
Severna Park, Maryland
“Yum!”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Love the flavors- better than ice cream bc it is lighter tasting. But you can also get ice cream at the bottom. Haven't tried the beans but may be brave enough in future. Great tropical flavors and easy neighborhood hang out.

MD
“Tasty new dessert treat”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

I had never tried shave ice with condensed milk. It was a wonderful surprise. I had the mango and cherry with condensed milk on top. It was delicious. However, next time I would just have the mango with condensed milk.

Fort Wayne, Indiana
“Oh Oh Oh”
Reviewed December 20, 2012

Now I know why the President gets his shave ice here. AND it's only 3.00. I made a meal more than once. On the mainland, I've never had shave ice with a scoop of vanilla icecream at the bottom. It really makes a difference. Also, the guys are generous with the syrups and boy do they have unique flavors.

Visited December 2012

Been to Island Snow? Share your experiences!