“During our spectacular visit to Oahu, working out at the Pilates Training Center was one of our best treats!”

Pilates Training Center
Ranked #1 of 5 Spas & Wellness in Kailua
Reviewed December 22, 2011

Before leaving for our month-long stay in Oahu, my husband and I established a major goal for our visit: try something new, healthy, inspiring, physically active, and the experience needed to give us a new outlook on life. Wow, did we achieve our goal when we took classes at the Pilates Training Center in Kailua! Both of us were Pilates "newbies", never having taken a class or even having any idea what to expect. We ended up taking 8 "couples" classes with an amazing, kind, knowledgeable instructor, Kari, who not only taught us the basics, but instilled in us what we know will be a lifelong love and commitment to Pilates. The atmosphere of the studio was exceptionally professional (spotlessly clean, peaceful, accommodating, focusing on safety, timeliness, and education) from the first class when we were feeling way out of our element to the last when we were saying good-bye to some amazing new friends. Kari's constant attention to teaching us precise form and encouraging us to maximize every movement, brought out the "dancer" and athlete in me. On the other hand, my husband, who enjoys cycling and being active but not a fan of the "gym", came away feeling more
centered, more aware of his body movement and the new skill of "breathing". Since both of us have had our share of physical issues (for example, he, age 67, having sustained multiple fractures to both legs, the last of which was less than a year ago) and obviously, not having young and nubile bodies, we certainly didn't want an experience that would leave us "sitting out" our vacation. After only 8 classes and in spite of some amazing "vacation eating and drinking", we both came home feeling more toned and in shape than we have in a long while. I can only say, that if you want to give yourself an awesome gift, sign up for some classes at the Pilates Training Center in Kailua. You will not be disappointed!

4  Thank dimps4480

Reviewed November 26, 2011

I started going to this studio to work on my core as I surf a lot and need a very strong core. I love that we worked on balance, and every exercise worked my entire body. Since I have been adding Pilates to my fitness program I have noticed that I'm much stronger with the big waves..

Reviewed November 15, 2011

I come to Kailua every year and I always come to this studio for my massage and Pilates training. I had a session with the owner for some shoulder pain I was having it was very therapeutic and healing. I can't wait till next year for more Pilates and massage..

2  Thank Cathy K
Reviewed October 21, 2011

One of my goals when I went to Hawaii was to get into shape. I have heard all about Pilates but never have tried it.I found Pilates Training Center Hawaii and signed up to get my self in shape. I'm a believer in Pilates and would like to say Thank you to everyone at the studio that has help me get into better shape ..Very professional studio...

1  Thank Rudy S
Reviewed January 12, 2011

I've had chronic back pain for as long as I can remember. Suffering from scoliosis and the fact that I've trained full-contact sports all my life, I really didn't think my condition would ever improve.

After just ONE day with Jayme at the Pilates Training Center, it felt as if the weight of the entire World had been lifted from my shoulders. As a result, I visited Jayme and did pilates almost every day during my stay in Kailua this winter, and I've never felt better. Now that I'm back in Sweden, I continue doing the exercises Jayme taught me. Pilates is the best thing to happen to me in a very long time, and I have Jayme to thank for that.

2  Thank Daniel-STHLM