“Nice course”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast
Newnan, GA
“Nice course”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

Well maintained, fast greens, some views of the ocean on 17 but very crowded, took over 5 hours to play. We could not finish due to darkness

Visited November 2012

Denver, Colorado
“Enjoyed this resturant”
Reviewed November 21, 2012

Good golf food with a couple of extras. Beer choices were very good and served very cold. The oyster shots were very good and reasonably priced. Local plate lunch special was very good. It was huge but devoured it with no problem. I will be back

Spokane, Washington
“Good course, but not sure if it is worth the price”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

I played the Palmer Course at Turtle Bay on Tuesday 10/9 and found the course to be a challenge and enjoyable, but a little it was not more on the ocean.

I had a 7:34am tee time and being and early riser, I got over to the pro shop around 6:20am to check in and hit some balls to warm up. I found out the pro shop did not open until 6:30am and the restaurant (Lei Leis) did not open until 7:00am.

Once the pro shop opened I checked in and was told I could get out at 7:08am if I wanted to get an early start and that was okay with me. I went back out to check in with the started (this was 6:35am) and he was still working to get carts in place and rental clubs up front. I had my own but the driving range was not setup either. So I watched as the started worked to get everything setup.

Others had 6:46am tee times so I stayed out of his way so the started could get ready. The range was finally ready about 6:45 and I was able to his a few balls.

I chatted with the started before my round and he was very pleasant, apologized for the delay and mentioned he was running a bit behind. Very nice guy and he admitted he was running behind (no excuses) so I give him a lot of credit for his honesty.

I was soon off to the #1 tee box. For the Palmer course, it is about a mile away from the pro shop. Nice drive along the coast and out to the start of the course.

I enjoyed the course, lots of surprises and bunkers, but as I mentioned earlier, I was expecting more ocean front holes. You can hear the ocean quite a bit, you cannot really see it. The posters around Turtle Bay show a hole with bunkers and ocean and it turns out to be hole #17 on the Palmer Side. To really see the ocean, you have to leave the 17th hole and walk over to the ocean.

Overall, I am glad I can say I played Turtle Bay and the Palmer and Fazio Courses. I did not find either course to be too difficult, but it was fun to play. I think anyone who plays golf would enjoy the course.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“ok but better than others in the area”
Reviewed July 11, 2012

too tricked out for my taste. First hole you have a big tree hanging over the center of the fairway. Barely any views of the ocean. greens were really slow.

Visited July 2012
The Villages, Florida
“Well kept, beautiful views and just hard enough”
Reviewed June 7, 2012

This course at Turtle Bay is interesting. The holes are tough enough and the views are nice. I enjoy it when I am on the North Shore of Oahu.

Visited July 2011