“Turtle Bay Resort a Winner!”
Review of Turtle Bay Resort

Turtle Bay Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Kahuku
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed May 4, 2014

From the moment we arrived, we were thrilled with this North Shore location! Our oceanview room not only offered a breathtaking view of Turtle Bay but was situated over a rather serene spot in the resort. If you're looking for endless activities within a resort, whether it's thrill-a-minute snorkeling, impressive beach hikes, adventurous horseback riding or partaking in culinary delights, this place is for you! In concluding, we must give a "shout out" to Christina at the stables for providing a very educating and most enjoyable evening ride. Mahalo!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tamara T
TurtleBayResort808, Manager at Turtle Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2014

Aloha, What a wonderful compliment! Thank you so much for staying with us at Turtle Bay and also sharing everything you enjoyed about your time with us. We will be sure to pass on your review to Christina. We would be honored to serve you again someday. Mahalo!

There are newer reviews for Turtle Bay Resort

Reviewed May 3, 2014

My husband and I are celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary at this amazing resort! We were here for our 20th and loved it then however the improvements are beyond our expectations to say the least. The breathtaking view of the ocean from the moment you open the room door gets even more unbelievable when you step out onto the large lanai with beautiful new furniture perfect to enjoy the sights and sounds of the surf crashing on the shore. The restaurants Salt, Lei Leis, and Ola are wonderful. We have eaten at the Kula Grill every morning. Eddie is a fabulous chef and so friendly. The staff throughout the resort are fabulous - always so helpful and welcoming, I wish I could remember all of their names. They leave fresh picked flower at the desk for guest's hair and they always go out of their way to make us feel welcome. The cocktails are wonderful and they make them how you ask. Just to address some of the concerns about not bath tub, let me just say, I am one who loves a nice bath, but....the improvements they have made to these rooms are totally worth giving that up. There is a dressing room with a pocket door that is separate from the room and the bathroom - fabulous design. The Keurig coffee pot stocked with Green Mountain coffee - wonderful. Housekeeping does a great job and are so friendly also. I could go on and on but let me just say - if you are coming to Hawaii to enjoy the ocean and relax - this is your resort. We have been here a week and have traveled all over this island - there is nothing that even comes close to Turtle Bay.

Room Tip: Go for one with a higher floor
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank amjIowaGirl

Happy 25th Anniversary! We are so honored you have chosen to celebrate the momentous occasion with us at Turtle Bay! We appreciate you sharing how much you enjoy our new room enhancements and our friendly staff! We would love to serve you again someday. Mahalo!

Reviewed May 3, 2014

Very convenient, good service, nice food. If you like this Spa-Golf-Beach report type of holiday, it's worth it. The beach (which is public) is lovely and nice for snorkelling. Spa is great. Ideal for family holidays.

Room Tip: There are 3 wings, all 'partial ocean view' rooms are in fact full view. The roof of a build...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank CarolineL20

Aloha, Thank you for staying with us at Turtle Bay on your recent trip to Oahu. We appreciate you complementing our spa and golf courses. We also have surfing, kayaking, snorkeling, horseback riding, helicopter tours, Segway tours and more- most resorts can’t boast all of the adventures we offer, as well as our 840 acres of land waiting to be explored. We hope you chose to visit us again someday. Mahalo.

Reviewed May 2, 2014

The stay at turtle bay was interesting.

The rooms were nice and clean, but once I got into my bed... A COCKROACH. It was dead, but seriously? How did a maid make the bed without noticing that?

The pools and ocean view were awesome... We had no problem with that.

I found a hair in my food while I was eating, but the server apologized.

The only reason that I would go there again is because of the surf school. My girls have both surfed once before, and I have never surfed. We went and got Ryan as our instructor! He knew all of our names right off the bat and was extremely easy to talk to. He was patient with me while I awkwardly flopped on the board. Ryan was awesome! We even went back for a second surfing lesson!

Overall: turtle bay was sub-par. HOWEVER, if you are lucky enough to get Ryan as a surf instructor, it will be worth your stay! Mahalo!

• Stayed: April 2014

Aloha, Thank you for staying with us at Turtle Bay and sharing your experience with us. We’re happy to read your surfing lessons with Ryan made your stay worthwhile. We’re sure you three are pros from your experience. We appreciate you sharing the areas you found interesting. We will pass on your review to proper management and ensure improvements are made. We hope to have the honor of seeing you all again someday. Mahalo.

Reviewed May 2, 2014

We've stayed twice before but on the cottages. This time because we were opted for the hotel side since they had recently refurbished. I must say, we were very impressed with it. Service and the people were excellent and on par with any major hotel. We're local here and we decided not to spend too much on food/drinks simply because of the price. We weren't crazy about eating the golf course and I rather drive into Haleiwa (15 minutes) and get some really good food and options there.
But for those looking to stay away from the craziness that is Waikiki, this is a worthwhile venture, especially since Shark's Cove which is a great alternative to Haunama Bay is a short distance away.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
4  Thank BigDaddy96789

Aloha, We are always happy to have our kama’aina friends stay with us and appreciate your patronage. We’re glad you were impressed with our newly renovated guestrooms and friendly service. We would love to see you on your next staycation. Mahalo!

Reviewed May 1, 2014

I had never been to Hawaii before and had always dreamed of going, and of staying at Turtle Bay, so needless to say, my expectations were enormously high, so I’m so happy to report that I wasn’t disappointed in any way. From a gorgeous, comfortable room with a spectacular ocean view to the lush surroundings to the friendliness and hospitality of the staff, Turtle Bay really is an experience like no other in Oahu. If you’re thinking about Hawaii and about Oahu in particular, pay attention when people tell you Waikiki is very busy and congested, and if what you’re seeking is ocean and waves and nature, then Oahu’s North Shore is where you want to be. I had the best time watching sunsets, hanging at the beach, going on hikes, going to the nearby Waimea Valley and Falls and Haleiwa, and just in general kicking back and relaxing. Some great dinners at Lei Lei’s and Salt, a nice breakfast buffet each morning at the Kula Grille, and perhaps one of the best mani/pedis I’ve ever had in the Spa. The Spa is a little pricey, but really was the only aspect I found to be on the higher end of pricing; specialty drinks at the Hang Ten bar were $11, which I didn’t think was high (I live in NY, so maybe my reality is a little skewed), and I forgot to buy sunscreen in advance, and found it for only $13 at the sundries store (I’ve stayed at other resorts that have priced it way higher). That sundries store is also a great way to stock the fridge in your room with drinks, wine, snacks, so no worries about overblown minibar prices. Seriously, I have no complaints; everyone was absolutely awesome, and I can’t wait to go back. Aloha! :)

Room Tip: I chose the Premiere Ocean View King room on the 6th floor and was asked by the reservationist if I...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
5  Thank Laurie B
TurtleBayResort808, Manager at Turtle Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2014

Aloha, We’re thrilled that Turtle Bay lived up to your high expectations and that you loved our location, amenities and great staff! We look forward to seeing you again in the future and truly appreciate you spending time with us on the Fabled North Shore. Mahalo!

Reviewed May 1, 2014

This is our third week in Hawaii. The Turtle Bay Resort view is stunning! We arrived and we're greated warmly. Aaron one of the managers at the front desk. He was very kind and helped us find the right accomodations. We are staying in the cottages........breathtaking view of the ocean and surfers.
Thank you Aaron for helping create memories for our last week on this beautiful island..

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TerrySidford

Aloha, It brings a smile to our faces to read you are making memories here at Turtle Bay. Mahal for staying with us and sharing your amazing experience with others on Trip Advisor. Enjoy the rest of your stay! Mahalo!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kahuku
Waikiki
The Modern Honolulu
The Modern Honolulu
#6 of 84 in Honolulu
Waikiki
Halekulani Hotel
Halekulani Hotel
#8 of 84 in Honolulu

Been to Turtle Bay Resort? Share your experiences!