“Delicious Shrimp Plate”

Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Description: Best Shrimp Scampi on the North Shore since 1993
Reviewed May 18, 2014

I'm not generally a shrimp eater, but we are staying on the North Shore and heard we couldn't miss this place. The scampi plate was very tasty, and quite a large portion. My wife and I shared it, and we would've probably had a little room left for some BBQ Corn next door, but it was closed! I highly recommend this place for an affordable, delicious, and quick meal.

1  Thank coharahawk
gioshrimp, Guest Relations Manager at Giovanni's Shrimp Truck, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2014

Makes us feel good that you enjoyed the shrimp even if your really not a fan... Thank you for the great review and hope to see you back in the future..

808-293-1839

Write a ReviewReviews (1,170)

Reviewed May 12, 2014

This shrimp van was recommended to us by MULTIPLE local people as the best in the area. We were not disappointed by their delicious garlic shrimp scampi. There is also a nice little local arts/craft market at this location

Reviewed May 9, 2014

It's a rite of passage for folks travelling on the north shore to have a meal at Giovanni's! The food was excellent and it was a very good price!

gioshrimp, Guest Relations Manager at Giovanni's Shrimp Truck, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2014

We are happy you enjoyed the experience and felt the scampi was worth a try... Thank you for the great review and hope to see you again in the future...

Reviewed May 7, 2014

I have heard about Giovani's for some time, but had never stopped here on my previous trips to Oahu. I knew that had to change this time. My wife does not like seafood, so I was a little concerned about finding her something to eat, however there are many other food tents around, so she was able to find some bbq corn at one, and a garlic hot dog at Giovani's. She actually said the hot dog was very good, very garlicky, but also very good. As for the shrimp, it lived up to its reputation. It was very good, and a great value at $12 for 12 shrimp and 2 scoops of rice. My wife's hot dog was $4, and was a rather large hot dog. With 2 pops I think the total was $18.50 or so, an incredible value any place, but especially in Hawaii. When by the north shore, you will definitely want to stop here.

Reviewed May 6, 2014

Giovanni's was great and we thought had great value for the price - especially compared to other meals we had on the North Shore of Oahu! While I'm not a huge fan of shrimp scampi the reviews I read said to try it so I did! I found the shrimp scampi to be very good and we weren't disappointed! Even if you're not a shrimp scampi I recommend you try it.

Thank you for the great review and recommendation to future customers... We are happy you enjoyed the shrimp scampi and next time, get the hot sauce on the side... Take care and enjoy the island...