“A nice place to eat at the North Shore!”

Lei Lei's Bar & Grill
Ranked #2 of 34 Restaurants in Kahuku
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed July 2, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Turtle Bay Resort and decided to try the restaurant located in the clubhouse of the golf course. It has tables outside under a portico overlooking a practice putting green. The landscaping is wonderful, a typical well maintained course, and it is spectacularly but subtly lit at night. This restaurant is the most reasonably priced of the three high end restaurants at Turtle Bay, and the food is delicious.
We both started off with the Hauula Tomato Salad, which was a combination green salad and caprese salad. It was made with fresh local tomatoes and thick slices of fresh mozzarella. It is a large salad and it is delicious. I had the crab stuffed salmon which came with garlic mashed potatoes and a locally grown vegetable medly. The salmon was very good, although the crab stuffing was good, not great. The vegetables and mashed were great. My wife had the Prime Rib and found it very tender and delicious. Her only complaint was that it could have used more seasoning in the cooking process as it needed salt and pepper for flavor. We had a bottle of reasonable priced red wine, Greg Norman Shiraz, and I also had a Martini which was made to perfection.
We shared the Mud Pie for desert and it was a huge serving and very good, and the coffee was delicious. The cost with a 20% tip was $185.00, which was one of the most inexpensive dinners we had in Hawaii. I have come to expect great service in Hawaii, and the service here did not disappoint. I can definitely recommend Lei Lei while staying at the Turtle Bay Resort.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

The food was awful. The server didn't care that my son's meal wasn't cooked. This is not part of the resort.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

We went to Lei Leis for breakfast while staying at Turtle Bay. One thing everyone should know when planning a trip to Oahu, ESPECIALLY the North Shore is navigating the food situation, is not the easiest thing. So, we started with this, as we couldnt find a place to get any breakfast other then room service. The menu is VERY limited, and its ok. Nothing to get excited over. Also, its not what Id call, "cost effective". My suggestion, if you can hold off, and you have transportation...get on the road and hit the shrimp trucks. (Giovannis!!) or some other side of the road little stand. Far better food, far better prices. If not, this will do.
I will say, the staff....very very kind. =)

Reviewed May 29, 2013

The best breakfast sandwiches ever! Such a great way to start your golf game or your day. We always enjoyed the lunches, especially the Tuna Melts! It was fresh grilled tuna, with the fixings and melted on an open sandwich...the best.

Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

My fiancé and I stayed at Turtle Bay Resort for our vacation. Asked front desk where to dine around the hotel besides those in the hotel.
This lady told me to try Lei Lei's. If you are staying at Turtle Bay, the staff will give you a complimentary lift to the restaurant. Even if you were to walk, it's very close, maybe 5 min the most.

Food was simply delicious. We had Crab Dip and Caesar Salad to start. Enough chunks of crab were in the dip, Caesar salad dressing was made fresh (you can tell, because you taste garlic and real anchovy) we were very happy with both dishes. For dinner, my fiancé and I shared their famous 28oz Bone-in Prime Rib. Cooked to perfection "medium rare", served with Garlic Mashed Potato, Steamed Veggies, Au Jus & creamy horseradish on the side. Both Sauces had very good flavors, we ended up dipping veggies in those sauce.

It's not a romantic restaurant or anything but you get to sit on beautiful golf course on Turtle Bay Resort. Sitting on their patio section with Tiki was great!

I only give four star because the service wasn't all that great. I saw waiters actually sitting down chatting with other customers (suppose they are regulars) and forget to check on us or other tables. Didn't get refill or had to ask to order more beers and such. Again, food was GREAT, must try if you are staying at Turtle Bay or near. One of the greatest restaurants in North Shore!

Been to Lei Lei's Bar & Grill? Share your experiences!