“Great restaurant”

Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Turtle Bay Resort
Transit: The bus comes every 30 minutes.
Description: Chef Fred DeAngelo delights guests with his innovative “Contemporary Hawaiian Cuisine” and partners with local farmers to offer the freshest island products in his dishes. Hau’ula Vine-Ripe Tomatoes and North Shore Cattle Company Beef are just a few of the items that are incorporated daily. Fresh fish and other seafood are readily available and offered throughout the menu, along with vegetarian selections to appease all palates
Reviewed May 3, 2014

Beautiful view of the ocean and food was pretty good. I ordered the chicken - probably should have gone with the fish. My husband loved the butter fish. The sweet potatoes were amazing.

Reviewed May 1, 2014

Server's, food, atmosphere - have all been fantastic at this indoor/outdoor 'right-on-the-beach' restaurant. We have our favourite table (49) that sits in a quiet romantic corner just inside from the beach, where large sliding glass doors can be opened wide or closed depending on the wind and weather. We're steps from the beach (some tables are on the sand), overlooking palm trees, beach goers and sunsets. Everything we've had - scallops, butterfish, salmon . . . has been awesome. The Three Hummus appetizer is sooooo wonderful that I know I'm going to be trying to recreate it when we get home.

Reviewed April 28, 2014

If it's windy and rainy the place can be drafty. The food and service were good. A nice alternative to the upscale options on property with a pretty view and decent food.

Reviewed April 26, 2014

Food was top notch. Their menu accurately describes the elegant tasty dishes. The real reason for the 5 stars, however, was the service. Just after seating us at our table, the hostess saw my wife eyeing other empty tables in the restaurant. I am convinced the hostess is a lip reader. Shortly thereafter a table opened up closer to the window She came to us and out of the blue asked if we wanted to move tables and suggested the one by the window. It is this attention to detail and focus on customer experience which obviously drives every aspect of this fine restaurant. Staff with a heart like this is hard to find and I soon saw that it extended to every aspect of the restaurant. Oh, we ordered the scallop dish - fresh, flown in from my east coast, and a pasta sort of dish with mushrooms, lobster, and a yummy parmesan basil cream sauce. It was expensive but appropriately priced for the stunning location. Anyone who claims it is overpriced should have driven to L&L or McD's in Kahuku. I'm told the owner has another location in Kailua near where I live, The Grove. It is next on my list. Thanks everyone for a magical evening at a magical resort (with my magical wife).

Reviewed April 25, 2014

A local friend took me to lunch here while we were sightseeing on the north shore. The view is great-open air seating just off the beach. The service was decent and the food was fresh, colorful, and flavorful. My friend had a chicken curry wrap, and I had the Ahi Poke bowl. (It was a good amount of food, and I ate the whole thing!)

We each had a fruity drink which did not disappoint. Prices were a little high for lunch, but the view and relaxed ambiance made it worth it!