“So much fun!”

Paradise Helicopters
Ranked #5 of 15 things to do in Kahuku
More attraction details
Owner description: Paradise Helicopters - Hawaii's Most Unique Helicopter Experience! Enjoy the Hawaii few people ever witness on our one-of-a-kind air adventures departing out of Kona & Hilo on Hawaii Island, Lanai and Oahu. Whether flying Doors-Off over the volcano to feel the heat of the lava, hovering beside a 2000 foot waterfall, landing for stunning views on an epic ridge top, or photographing the remote beauty of Hawaii’s rare rain forest valleys, black and GREEN sand beaches – our Hawaiian helicopter tours offer a diverse set of adventure options to suit every need! This is one flight you will be sure to remember for a lifetime. Please visit our Paradise Helicopters - KONA, Paradise Helicopters - HILO and Paradise Helicopters - LANAI pages for more information on tours departing across the islands.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Stairs / elevator, Activities for older children, Wheelchair access
San Mateo, California
“So much fun!”
Reviewed June 12, 2014

My husband and I did the doors off tour in Oahu and it was great. It was really easy to book the appointment. They make sure you are comfortable and do a little safety orientation beforehand to explain everything. Could be a little scary at times when the helicopter would make some of the sharper turns but overall it was fun.

Make sure you REALLY tie up your hair nice and secure if you have long hair! There's so much wind that it hurts when pieces of your hair hit your face. It also gets a little chilly up there so be sure to wear warmer clothes.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Honolulu, Hawaii
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“THRILLING DOORS OFF OAHU EXTREME - Magnum PI Chopper”
Reviewed June 8, 2014

Let me start with the downside.....we were 10 minutes late taking off because the family in front of us was unprepared. NOT the fault of the crew at Paradise and they couldn't have been any nicer, or handled it any better. So, thus the 5 star rating stands!
Now, for the rest of the experience, it was amazing! Super friendly staff and very professional: really thrilling experience seeing the island from a perspective you will never get except via helicopter. As a pro photographer, I met with the pilot before take off to determine best seating 'side' and was absolutely thrilled with his recommendation. We had the doors off, so it was even more exciting, especially on the dips and tilts over the waterfalls, Pearl Harbor and Koolau mountain range! We asked a lot of questions and the pilot was super knowledgeable and had a good sense of humor as well. And, we got an extra 8 minutes out of the tour to boot! Afterwards, we got numerous pics in front of the chopper - with the pilot taking our pics. Even the restroom facility was very nice and includes a shower if you need to freshen up before heading off to another island adventure. Very, very satisfied and can't wait to go back and do it again! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

Visited June 2014

1 Thank IslandGal2007
Phoenix, Arizona
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Fantastic Adventure!”
Reviewed June 5, 2014

I had made reservations for my daughter, granddaughters, & I to take the 20 minute Waterfall tour. Because of an error with time zone changes, I had the ride listed in my calendar for a different time. We actually missed our reservation time. The office made multiple phone calls to try and get a hold of us. When we realized what happened, we immediately walked over to the office to see what could be done to reschedule our trip. The guys were able to get us in right away. We went thru some pre-flight instructions and we were on our way. The flight was amazing and worth every penny I paid for it. Paradise Helicopters made our trip to Hawaii an amazing time. Everyone connected with the organization was amazing. It was definitely a fantastic adventure!

Visited June 2014

1 Thank DawnMarie K
Wharton, New Jersey
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Completely awesome experience”
Reviewed May 29, 2014

I took the Oahu Experience tour, in the "Magnum Chopper", and I could not have been more satisfied. Staff was friendly and courteous, providing ample time before and after the tour for pictures with the chopper, and the tour itself was breathtaking. We even got to fly over the "Robin Masters Estate" and take some great pictures, which was a real plus since the actual grounds aren't viewable to the public from the street. I would highly recommend this to anybody visiting Oahu, and especially if you're a Magnum PI fan!

1 Thank AJ L
London
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Magnum's chopper”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Fun experience. Staff and pilot were friendly and helpful and the trip in the Magnum chopper was memorable. Great panoramic aerial views.
If you don't like heights or roller coaster rides this would not be the trip for you (or me!) but ideal for adventurous photographers.