“Yummy garlic shrimp”

Tita's Grill and Catering
Ranked #3 of 36 Restaurants in Kahuku
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Seafood, Hawaiian, Grill
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery
Description: Tita's Grill, Is a family friendly, local Hawaiian style Food Truck. We are located at the Hukilau Marketplace at the Polynesian Cultural Center right off Kamehameha Highway. Drive up, park and order straight from our window. We offer take out, or have a seat on our outdoor picnic tables and eat Ohana style. Make friends, share aloha and enjoy our onolicious food. We are just a humble "hole in the wall" that serves great food, nothing fancy.
Reviewed July 3, 2013

After a stop at the Kualoa Ranch, we continued on around the north shore, heading towards Waimea Bay, hoping to spy some of Hawaii's famed turtles, we saw two huge beauties last year, but before we managed to find the spot, hunger struck. We'd heard about a number of shrimp trucks and shacks dotted along Oahu's north shore and when we saw Tita's, we actually thought it was 'The Shrimp Shack.' It's not the kind of place you'd want to take a date, in fact it looks really shacky, but the magic they work in that little kitchen of theirs is amazing. I guess there really is a Tita, well there was a pretty new hand-carved sign out front. Anyway the garlic shrimp (count twelve large) were absolutely delicious, served on a bed of rice and a side of macaroni salad. I could have done with just the shrimp on the rice, which had absorbed all the yummy garlicky juices . . . .gee I'm making myself hungry. . . and who cares if you eat on a picnic table right by the roadside . . .you gotta go.

1  Thank Leo K

Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

Not a bad roadside lunch in the Kahuku area. Stopped during an island tour with a tour group. I was surprised with all the excellent ratings on Trip Advisor. I found the overall experience as average. My hamburger was good but didn't think the fried chicken or beef teriyaki my family had was very good. My son said he did like the beef teriyaki. I would try one of the other eating establishments in the area next time around.

1  Thank WarEagle111
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Good food at a good price. Only problem is they run out of food. North shore Oahu is a place that has businesses living the local lifestyle. We are going to cook up some good food, if you like you can come and buy some; but come early cuz we are going to the beach soon. Loved the home made bread. We would make French toast with it in the mornings. We would go back, I fact we did.

Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

Don't get me wrong that place is a dump but they have fantastic food. I knew there had to be sonething special for a shrimp shack to score such high rankings. Good stuff, if in the area, you have to go!

Reviewed June 18, 2013

We ate here for diner. I ordered the shrip which was very good. My wife got the Teriyaki chicken which was kind of fatty but not too bad The staff was friendly and the prices were reasonable.