“Best banana bread ever!”
Review of Farm Cafe

Farm Cafe
Ranked #1 of 4 Dessert in Kahuku
Cuisines: Cafe
Reviewed August 6, 2014 via mobile

I wasn't even hungry but had heard how awesome the banana bread and ice cream are so I had to stop! Unbelievable! Warm banana bread w apple banana ice cream and caramel topping were truly amazing. I also bought 2 bags of bananas for $3 each (a bargain) and 2 jars of topping $6 each (not a bargain but super good)! Great place to walk around and they have a basket of toys for the kids to play with while there.

Reviewed July 13, 2014

This is a very nice little place for a very filling lunch. It is a family-run business, and the owner (a very courteous gentleman) will ask if it is your first visit, and will also express his hope that you will enjoy the food, which we did. Whilst waiting for our order, we heard enquiries being made of him regarding the food, and he very proudly stated to all who asked that everything they serve is grown right on the premises. The whole focaccia is a very filling lunch, as is the delicious pizza served with a side salad. Both are bursting with colour, flavour, richly filled and topped. It is not cheap (two foccaccas and two smoothies USD30), but the freshness of the food and the obvious pride taken in its preparation by the family make it a welcome change from burgers or the overcrowded shrimp vans. There is also a small selection of preserves, lotions and other items on sale, the standout amongst which is the mango and honey waterless hand sanitiser. You may need it after your lunch! There are only a few items on the menu, mostly vegetarian, and it does close at 1600, but if you give this place a try you will walk away neither hungry, nor disappointed.

Reviewed June 9, 2014 via mobile

We just went today based on a local's recommendation. The little cafe was amazing, fresh produce and homemade items. We had the side salads with special balsamic binge rate, pizza and panini. Delicious food, but not many meat options if that is your thing. We finished with their grilled banana bread with their wonderful caramel sauce and ice cream. We will be back!

Reviewed May 28, 2014

I had the grilled banana bread ala mode and my husband had the ice cream and it was good, no complaints, but it was expensive, and just not as great as I expected, the bread was warm but didn't seem "grilled" to me, the dish was smaller than I expected but it was incredibly rich, so much so that I wasn't able to finish my dish, so the $8 felt like a waste, but that was probably just me, there was nothing wrong with it. Just didn't meet my expections.

Reviewed May 17, 2014

Tried their banana bread with ice cream and papaya with sherbet and they both were really good! Totally recommend this place!